Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally! Sign In/Join 
posted
Someone who deserved to win, I think, for the first time for this show. I did not watch the very first competition with David, so I am not counting the first season.

In my opinion, this is the first time that someone who should have won, did. I thought that it was a toss up between Jeribai and Tiffany for the past few episodes. I would have been happy to see Jeribai win as well. The only thing that kept him from winning was the large empty space in the middle of his suite. He had the largest room, so that was perhaps an aspect that Tiffany and Brooks would not have encountered.

The lackluster of the finale was disappointing. Not even confetti. I recall the second season when everyone received extravagant prizes and didn't Kim received a car? Where are the sponsors this year? I hope that Tiffany is able to tape a number of shows to air. I am concerned that she made fade from the scene as Danielle did last year.

Anyway, Congratulations Tiffany!

Posts: 225 | Registered: Aug 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DeadMarilyn
posted Hide Post
I think the show has gone down hill a bit prize wise because nobody's show ever seems to last more than one season.

Lately,no real'stars'have been coming out of DS.

I'm glad she won but I don't find her very appealing.

Posts: 198 | Registered: Aug 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CorvetteLady
posted Hide Post
I guess I didn't notice that Jeribai's room was larger than the other two. I didn't understand why Brooks got to choose first, Tiffany won last week so I would have thought she'd get first pick.

I do agree messengerA that finally we have a winner that should have won. Had they chosen Brooks I'm not sure that I would ever watched again! Got my heart broke the last two seasons. I didn't feel as invested in the contestents this year, we didn't get to know them as well this season.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CorvetteLady,

Posts: 537 | Registered: Aug 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wendek
posted Hide Post
I would have been ok with any three of the finalists winning. They all did an fine job.
It's not like i'd ever find their new design show on the schedule anyway.

Seems if they invested a little time and money into producing the design star shows at a time when people could actually find and watch it, they could gain more viewers. Who is not sick of HH and all the other reruns ad infinitum?

Posts: 4337 | Location: SF | Registered: Feb 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post