Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   HGTV Design Star
  Re-design existing home
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re-design existing home Sign In/Join 
posted
I'm always so fascinated at what the designers can accomplish by redoing a room and incorporating new furniture, wallpaper, paint, etc.. However, it would be so much more interesting to see what they could create by using the homeowner's existing furniture and creating a stunning room using what they already own. There are so many people who have many beautiful pieces of furniture and accessories, but have absolutely no idea how to incorporate them into their homes in a cohesive and pleasing manner. It would make for such an entertaining program to visit such homes and invite HGTV designers to create a beautiful, functional environment for these homeowners who may have all the "bones" to create the style they desire, but do not possess the "know-how" to accomplish it.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
WHY do you think we come here? AND watch all the wonderful HGTV & DIY shows? Read all the decorating magazines since the beginning of time?

LOL

Ooooops....maybe I have shared a bit much about my skill set?

Posts: 5138 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post