Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   HGTV Design Star
  final three...!?!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

final three...!?! Sign In/Join 
Picture of ladylavender
posted
this should b intrsting... deciding between the three... i was surprised that anne was sent home cos i figured she would win it. now they will either go crazee brooks or try another black female designer.... and their shows haven't faired well on hgtv. tiffany has knocked it out of the ballpark a time or two and has the potential to do so very well... jerbal? he's okay but don't think he has the best of the group. sooooooooo..... brooks or tiffany and i think i will go with tiffany.
ltho brooks is showing up on facebook today

Posts: 185 | Registered: Aug 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
depends on how warped the producers are thinking

Posts: 4563 | Location: midwest | Registered: Aug 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CorvetteLady
posted Hide Post
If I got to pick I would probably go with Jeribai just because we haven't had a male winner since Antonio. Tiffany could win and that would be okay too. Not a Brooks fan, if he were very talented maybe I could get over his crazy look but he's not that talented.

Since it has already been decided, what we think doesn't really matter. I think the judges will pick whoever HGTV wants them to pick.

Posts: 538 | Registered: Aug 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it will probably be Jeribai, but don't take my word for it-I thought Brooks was going home this past week. He's not really very good on camera & I agree that I think it will be a man this year. J. is good looking and that is what HGTV seems to be going for, if you will notice their show lineup. Shall we take bets?

Posts: 210 | Registered: Jun 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My apologies for my old swiss cheese brain - can't remember the name of little black gal who did so well last season and really should have won it! I was upset when Danielle won - not that I didn't like her but the other one had so much more talent and much better time management skills.

For this season I think Jeribai might win it but it's a tough toss up between him and Tiffany - either one could handle it, I think. Brooks? Well, I hope they learned their lesson about "different" with the tattooed wonderboy of a few seasons back. I'd be very upset if he won.

Posts: 4292 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CorvetteLady
posted Hide Post
Doodles you're talking about Hilari, she was my favorite too. I was also disappointed that she didn't win Design Star All-Stars. I can't remember the name of the woman who won that, she was my least favorite of the final three. Wait, I think it was Leslie. I never understood why she was there to begin with because I didn't think she had a big support base the year she was on the show, which I think was the year that Meg won.

I am still surprised at how short this season has been. I don't mind the 3 person final but I wish they started with more designers. Noticed in the sneak peak that they are bringing back some of the contestents, might be all of them. I was glad to see Tobin, I think he got sent home too soon and for the wrong reasons.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CorvetteLady,

Posts: 538 | Registered: Aug 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CorvetteLady:
Doodles you're talking about Hilari, she was my favorite too. I was also disappointed that she didn't win Design Star All-Stars. I can't remember the name of the woman who won that, she was my least favorite of the final three. Wait, I think it was Leslie. I never understood why she was there to begin with because I didn't think she had a big support base the year she was on the show, which I think was the year that Meg won.

I am still surprised at how short this season has been. I don't mind the 3 person final but I wish they started with more designers. Noticed in the sneak peak that they are bringing back some of the contestents, might be all of them. I was glad to see Tobin, I think he got sent home too soon and for the wrong reasons.

Thank you!!! Yes it was Hilari - she should ahve won that and most definitely should have won that All-Stars thingy. Leslie's final was just plain awful.

Yes, this is a short season - if they'd stuck to what was working DS might have had a shot but they've butchered it, dumbed it down and just plain ruined it.

Posts: 4292 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is terrible concidering D.S. used to be one of my top five favorite programs, but here we are at the finale and I don't care who wins.

In the past I had wanted Dan Vickery and Karl Sponholz to win. Neither did, but I liked the format and continued watching.Contestants who did win like Emily Henderson and Meg filmed shows that didn't appeal to me personally.Last year when Danielle Colding won, then fell off the radar so quickly, I lost interest. Aparantly, for me, it has not returned.

I wonder if it was individual shows with a cash prize if it would be more interesting?

Posts: 1781 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree Charles D! Whoever wins, I don't care, and I won't be watching their show. As short lived as it will apparently be.

Posts: 26 | Registered: May 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Charles D, do you mean something along the lines of the White Box Challenge? And why don't they ever have that show on during prime time? It's the only show besides Flea Market Flip, that are new & I enjoy watching, but it's buried at 8 am?
I would watch if it's a show that is interesting, and I'm a big fan of Emily and Meg (especially her sidekick). They both have shows that actually design rooms, sometimes with vintage stuff, and that's exactly what I want. And to see them do projects with used things is also great.
The old saying "be careful what you wish for, cause you just might get it" applies here. In years past we complained that they were designers and should have carpenters and painters, etc. We didn't like the original judges, so all but Vern are no more. We wanted the judges to tell us why they chose whomever to go home from group challenges, and now they do exactly that. For some reason I think HGTV listened to us, and now we don't like it. The first shows were the best, but it could just be DS fatigue.

posted Hide Post
Watching total mediocrity, can easily fatigue any intelligent person.

Posts: 26 | Registered: May 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So true Sy, it does seem a bit boring, doesn't it?. We also didn't like all the fighting and arguing over what to do in the design, so it appears they cut all that out as well.

Picture of DeadMarilyn
posted Hide Post
I am glad Anne went home.her rooms always looked sloppy.She couldn't even make a bed!

I love brooks,he is my fav but I don't see them giving him a show.

I'm hoping Tiffany wins. Jerbai has always been pretty forgettable to me.

Posts: 198 | Registered: Aug 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post