Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   HGTV Design Star
  The Talk on Friday
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Talk on Friday Sign In/Join 
Picture of CorvetteLady
posted
The HGTV Star contestents will be on The Talk on Friday. I hit it to record because I don't generally watch that show. Julie Chen talks so slow and in such a monotone that it is only good if you want to take a nap.

Posts: 537 | Registered: Aug 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
Corvette Lady, Thanks for the heads up. I had forgotten that the contestants were scheduled to appear on The Talk. I will tape it. I don't want to miss anything.

Posts: 1466 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
I watched the Final Four on The Talk today. The contestants did well. They gave demonstrations of recycling items for the home. I thought Tiffany and Jeribai did the best job. I am glad I did not miss it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mriley,

Posts: 1466 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CorvetteLady
posted Hide Post
I wanted to comment on this before tonights show but just didn't have time.

I thought the judges would comment more on some of the mistakes the contestents made but I guess they more interested in their camera presence.

Tiffany was first and I thought she was very relaxed and interacted well with the host. She didn't mention that there was glass in the frame and that was the surface that would be written on, she said it at the end before she wrote on the one they already had hanging on the wall. Plus the dry erase pens was mentioned by Julie Chen. So I liked her hint but it could have used more information.

Jeribai really did win this challenge. He looked relaxed, he was smiling and upbeat. I liked his hint but again there was not a lot of detail on how to get it done. So I was surprised that the judges never really mentioned that. He turned a dresser into a kitchen island with a chalkboard on one side.

Brooks was next on the show but they showed him last on tonights episode. He turned an old suitcase into a medicine cabinet. The one he demonstrated had the mirror on the inside but the finished one had the mirror on the outside. He kept talking about curiosities, in his manic way, and both ladies seemed confused. Again not a lot of detail and the judges didn't think he did a very good job.

Anne was last and she was very nervous at the beginnig but did relax some towards the end. She turned an end table into a pet bed. The one she demostrated had metal legs, the one she finished had wooden legs and I could see them getting all chewed up. She just turned the table upside down and put a pillow in it and called it a four poster.

In previous seasons the hint they gave was also used in their challenge but they did not have to use them in their bus.

Posts: 537 | Registered: Aug 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post