Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   HGTV Design Star
  The Finale - Spoilers (does anyone still care?)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Finale - Spoilers (does anyone still care?) Sign In/Join 
Picture of CorvetteLady
posted
My first question for the producer would be why didn't we see what the returnees did? We saw Anne a couple of times but other then seeing them place some items on a table and dust........well what was the point?

I did have a few bad moments at the end when the judges were deciding, I thought they might still go with Brooks. The bedroom wallpaper alone should have eliminated him. I was amazed that they liked that entry wallpaper, yuck. I thought his camera challenge was still manic but they were laughing, which is probably not what you're going for on a design show.

Jeribai did a beautiful suite. He did a good job on the bookshelves but he left that bowling alley down the middle, I think that might have been the losing factor. I really liked his bedroom and thought his camera challenge was good.

Tiffany is our winner. An okay choice, would have been okay with Jeribai too. Another beautiful room, I was worried when she got the lady carpenter but she did a good job with the fireplace. The dining table and chairs didn't bother me that much, do agree about the jute carpet in the bedroom but that was an easy fix.

I can't wait to see the pictures for this episode. The editing had me worried that I wouldn't finish! From the looks of the rooms I think they all had plenty of time, why not show us more of the design process and less of the made up drama?

I wonder what the ratings have been for this season. This board has been dead, just a few of us left from last season. Even the blog has fewer responses, they make it so hard to find. HGTV could really use a new web designer.

So Tiffany's show will be "The World's Most Embarrassing Rooms", air date Sept. 14. I'll watch, anyone else?

Posts: 537 | Registered: Aug 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Does anyone still care?" Good question. With the reduced number of contestants, the shortened "season", and the lackluster celebration for the winner, I'm not sure even the producers do. Are they trying to wean us off the show completely?

As far as the finale went, both Tiffany and Jerabai's spaces were fine. Preferred Tiffany's main room over Jerebai's, mostly because of the fireplace. I really liked Jerabai's bedroom as a hotel space. It felt a lot more luxurious than Tiffany's. If I had to choose one of those bedrooms for my own home, though, it would have been Tiffany's. Guess I can't handle that much luxury on a continuing basis.

Very glad that Brooks didn't win. His space was much too intense for Palm Springs, from the claustrophobic entryway to the slap-in-your-face wallpaper in the bedroom.

Posts: 358 | Location: SoCal | Registered: Mar 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Again, I didn't see the show - had other commitments and don't tape anything. Guess when it comes right down to it, I didn't care that much.

I'd have been okay with either Jerabai or Tiffany winning - I think Tiffany may have had a slight edge because of Hilari not winning last year.

Good that it wasn't Brooks who won - that would have been awful. Antonio on speed? I think he has design talent but not the kind that I'd want to watch.

Posts: 4292 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
For the first time in a few years, I really liked the designers in general. and yes, I thought that Tiffany did the best job overall.

Posts: 4904 | Location: 0 | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Annett
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rker321:
For the first time in a few years, I really liked the designers in general. and yes, I thought that Tiffany did the best job overall.

I liked them all, too, but Tiffany never really stood out for me except that she seems very nice. I'm having a hard time remembering any of her spaces, other than the bus, which was hard to view because of the camera angles.

Anyone have a handle on her style?

Posts: 1430 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Nov 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'd have been okay with either Jerabai or Tiffany winning - I think Tiffany may have had a slight edge because of Hilari not winning last year.

What has Hilari not winning to do with Tiffany winning?

Posts: 225 | Registered: Aug 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DeadMarilyn
posted Hide Post
Brooks was my fav designer but I knew he wouldn't win because of his camera challenges. I would have a very difficult time watching his show because of the way he presents himself.

Jerbai's room was boring and Tiffany's room was okay but nothing special.

If Brooks had not used all that tacky crap on the walls I think he would have had a better chance at winning.

I'll still watch Tiffany's show.

Posts: 198 | Registered: Aug 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I missed the show last night. I've given up on coming to the HGTV site to catch up without spoilers- so I just predicted in my head, not having seen any of the final challenge, who I thought would win (based on all the other challenges). I predicted Tiffany. Looks like I was right.

I don't even need to see the last episode, right?

But I might watch it...

Posts: 6101 | Registered: Jul 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found "Brother Vs. Brother" to be more exciting and 'design challenging' than anything they did on "HGTV Star" this year.

Posts: 165 | Location: Northwestern Wyoming | Registered: Mar 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't find the full episode nor the previous. They do need a new designer. Can't believe I forgot about the show. That is a first. Doesn't say much for design star does it?

Posts: 4563 | Location: midwest | Registered: Aug 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CorvetteLady
posted Hide Post
I got the name of Tiffany's show wrong. It is "The Most Embarrassing Rooms in America". I remember Meg's show idea was Design Detective, she would find what was wrong with the room. That got changed because they said people wouldn't want to be told what they had done wrong. So why would they want their rooms labeled as embarrassing? Makes no sense.

Posts: 537 | Registered: Aug 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HA! I KNOW my rooms are embarrassing but I like them. When people come here they don't say "oh your house is so beautiful or pretty,", they say "wow, your house is interesting, something to look at everywhere you turn". So in other words, "who would do this to their home"? But I like it and that's all that matters. If you can't experiment with your own home then what's the point of being an individual?
I would gladly volunteer for a do-over if it's the kitchen or bathroom (it opens onto the kitchen), or if they want to clean the swarms of bees out of the bedroom then go for it. We live in the house from the Exorcist. *blush*!

Posts: 210 | Registered: Jun 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post