Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   HGTV Design Star
  Episode 5 - Spoilers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Episode 5 - Spoilers Sign In/Join 
Picture of CorvetteLady
posted
Another episode, another ho hum show.

I thought Anne was very bossy tonight, I noticed how she tried to be in charge of everything, including the fireplace. The fireplace was nice and I think they ran out of time so it just didn't get merchandised. Have to see the pictures but the room really didn't look like it had a lot of accessories. Was doing their emblem on wallpaper really that special? Gen sure liked it and she also liked the reddish orange color. I could be wrong but wasn't there a room done in a very similar color last season that she hated?

So anyway they liked the girls room the best. They again loved Anne's camera challenge, they did like Tiffany but not her tip. Nit picky really, they didn't say it had to be a tip no one had ever seen before.

I think the boys lost because of the black drapes and the linen sofa, which really was a bad choice. The drapes didn't bother me so much but since they were both chosen by Boris it was good-by for him.

I wish we could see more of the evaluation, was there a reason that Jeribai didn't have more lighting? I thought his camera challenge was okay, Brooks is just not camera ready. It's been said about David that they had to teach him how to appear at ease on camera. Much easier to teach that than teach them how to design. That's not to say that I think Brooks is a good designer. Smile

I hope Tiffany does well next week because she is the only one that I find watchable.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CorvetteLady,

Posts: 537 | Registered: Aug 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm getting really bored with no one ever having enough time.

I don't find it stimulating at all to watch a bunch of designers say they are "stressed out" or "under the gun" or...whatever.

I'd really like to see some of the thought behind the design and how/why they've decided on something and less of the running-around-like-chickens-with-their-heads-cut-off.

Posts: 165 | Location: Northwestern Wyoming | Registered: Mar 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not the least bit excited by this season, and find myself watching more out of habit. I'm not sure if it is the show that has lost its particular qualities, or if it is just this seasons contestants.

Posts: 1738 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the second week in a row I totally forgot to watch. So, if I - a self-confessed HGTV Design Star junkie - forgets to watch, I think the whole thing may be in jeopardy.

I agree, the stressed out hurry hurry is crazy. Yes, we do run into time crunches in RL as design professionals, but certainly not to this extent - or at least I hope not. I cannot remember having crazy time frames in any of my projects - I tell the client how long it will probably take and if there are problems we deal with it. If you are on top of things schedule wise, you shouldn't have all this drama. Things happen, of course, but I have not seen any of the contestants in any of the seasons be professional about their time management skills.

Posts: 4292 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The contestants provided another episode of no inspiration and more lack of design skills. The only surprise was Boris' collection of biker tats. Didn't suspect that!

I think this show has run its course. Time to put it to sleep, as that's what it seems to being doing to the viewers.

Posts: 26 | Registered: May 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Evidently Anne can do no wrong (according to the judges), but that red color sure looked hellacious on my TV. I thought her crest was nice and appropriate but the guys' crest was so much more clever and came off as a truly custom, heirloom-to-be piece.

But no worries, because Boris is gone, gone, gone - thank the Powers That Be!!!

And rest assured, I won't be watching the show of whoever wins. Matter of fact, I've had a hard time watching any winner's show besides David's.

David was a true discovery in the first season of Design Star, and I think HGTV should forget about lightning striking twice. It's time to end the Design Star search.

Posts: 649 | Registered: Feb 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Belle_N_Lex
posted Hide Post
So... do we miss shopping with Sparkle Josh anybody?

Posts: 623 | Registered: Sep 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CorvetteLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rebotco:
Evidently Anne can do no wrong (according to the judges), but that red color sure looked hellacious on my TV. I thought her crest was nice and appropriate but the guys' crest was so much more clever and came off as a truly custom, heirloom-to-be piece.

And rest assured, I won't be watching the show of whoever wins. Matter of fact, I've had a hard time watching any winner's show besides David's.

David was a true discovery in the first season of Design Star, and I think HGTV should forget about lightning striking twice. It's time to end the Design Star search.

I think if you'd look at the early episodes of David's show you would see how much he has improved. He got the change to improve because they let him do a lot of shows. I think if the other winners had the same chance we might have more success stories. I thhink choosing Meg over Karl was perhaps their biggest mistake, no wait I forgot they picked Antonio over Dan!

I don't think the contestents this year are getting very good challenges.

Picture of CorvetteLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belle_N_Lex:
So... do we miss shopping with Sparkle Josh anybody?

Was this a show? I liked Sparkle Josh but don't know that I would let him design a room in my house.

Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yahoo to that! He was my least favorite. The problem with this show is that the winners never have shows that last. Only David. so the whole thing is really bogus.

I enjoyed last weeks episode. the enthusiasm of the kids, I loved the red in the sorority house, hated the black curtains and thought the linen sofa really the major mistake it was (very nice in a woman's summer home though) Didn't like Boris. do like all the others but IMHO it will be one of the women. Although I like Brooks too.

Oh, is it nit picky to say I hate Ann's hair color. Why do people use that color?

Posts: 12222 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post