Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dream House Giveaway 2014 Sign In/Join 
posted
I was just curious... who designs these houses?? Is that a contest/competition as well, or do you have a staff that does it?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Hi Tony,
Watch the videos and you will see the many people involved in building and decorating this home along with how to enter.

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5550 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello! I'm so excited about the 2014 Dream Home Giveaway! When are we able to start submitting entries? Thanks so much!!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArleneWhit:
... When are we able to start submitting entries?

The last part of December HGTV puts out a notice on their .com site of the dates of entry; it usually begins the 1st of January and lasts six weeks.

Posts: 3140 | Location: FL | Registered: Jan 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tonynaz1:
I was just curious... who designs these houses??

If you are a designer, there is a process...
The designer is part of a sponsor-laden foundation of the Dream Home contest. Sponsors make this Dream Home contest happen.
HGTV works in cooperation with a sponsor-developer who often has hired an architect. It appears that the developer is the King Pin, regarding who is architect.
The competition-process has never been revealed by HGTV regarding sponsors' competition, or, covenants/contracts/arrangements and taxes and, especially in the case of Green tax criteria, write-offs.
For all we know, it is a seamless operation. Jack, Linda and Co. would probably laugh at that, though.

Cheers t.

Posts: 3140 | Location: FL | Registered: Jan 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much!! Smile)

Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BeachLadylovesJackT
posted Hide Post
Eek did I hear the name JACK? Eek

Namaste
Originally registered Feb 2004 -then- gumby took me down
Lifetime winner of Jack Thomasson ♥

♫ Take time to laugh; it is the music of the soul ♫

Life is worth nothing without your dreams and passion.

Posts: 707 | Location: sum beach.....sum where | Registered: Jul 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
Beachy is still supersized... Razz

LOL 'bout time admin creates a new thread for DH2014...maybe we have to pester them a bit as they are too busy with blogs to notice us otherwise...Roll Eyes

"Nature does not hurry yet everything is accomplished." - Lao Tau
"There is more to life than increasing it's speed." - Gandhi

<>< Hebrews 13:2

Posts: 7302 | Registered: Feb 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
WOW now that my post hit the xxl flipflops vanished to reveal the "star" that Beachlady truly is... Smile. More room for creative verbal posting now....WinkRazz

"Nature does not hurry yet everything is accomplished." - Lao Tau
"There is more to life than increasing it's speed." - Gandhi

<>< Hebrews 13:2

Posts: 7302 | Registered: Feb 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3 | Location: NC | Registered: Sep 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post