Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WELCOME BACK DREAMERS! Sign In/Join 
Picture of BeachLadylovesJackT
posted
Let the games begin! Looking forward to seeing all our dreamers, discussing DH2013, Linda, Jack and BOLO Wink

Namaste
Originally registered Feb 2004 -then- gumby took me down
Lifetime winner of Jack Thomasson ♥

♫ Take time to laugh; it is the music of the soul ♫

Life is worth nothing without your dreams and passion.

Posts: 707 | Location: sum beach.....sum where | Registered: Jul 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tealdreamer
posted Hide Post
Aha!! At last they've given us a 2013 page! I guess they were just waitin' to make sure that we did, indeed, make it to 2013, eh? Eek

Hiya, Beachy Wave and all of our Dreamers. I'm likin' this swamp house a lot. Glad they put in the lap pool on an upstairs deck so my dog won't have to swim with the gators...my oh my..:rolleyes

Looking forward to another great Dream Season, surely this will be our year to win! Yeah Big Grin

Posts: 418 | Location: LaLaLand | Registered: Feb 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newtothesouth
posted Hide Post
I really think this is my very favorite HGTV Dream Home!!! I know everyone has certain ones that is their favorite, but this year this one is my very favorite. Smile

Posts: 20 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been a lurker for so many years it's embarrassing. I'm not even sure how many years it's been but I've been reading these boards constantly during the Dream Home Giveaway ever since the Maryland Dream Home. I've enjoyed getting to know all of you and miss the times years ago when the activity on this site was so fast you couldn't keep up with it. Love HGTV. It brings sanity to a busy day and comfort for my brain. Even through all it's changes in programming, it's still the best, although I do miss Carol DuvallSmile Best of luck to all and yes, I hope a board member wins this year.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jan 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iamfine
posted Hide Post
I absolutely love this new home. The kitchen needs some color but other than that.. perfect!!

Posts: 655 | Location: Porkopollis - home of the flying pigs | Registered: Jan 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
not many people this year. love this home. i might even move there when I win. I will have to see if they have a hospital nearby.

Posts: 124 | Location: puget sound, USA | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BillAngFl
posted Hide Post
YAY, we have our own category now Wink Welcome Dreamers! My favorite Dream Home is still the Mexico Beach Florida home....I don't really care for this house, but I would love it if I won, lol
What do you wish you could change about this house? I'll go first....I want french doors leading out to the deck in the Master Suite. I would change the fire place in the living room from the gas horror to a good old fashioned wood burning one. I like the little bunk nook for future parties when you just need a little space for people to crash. I like the activity room in the garage Wink Time to go watch the virtual tour again.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BillAngFl,

Posts: 149 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: Feb 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Iamfine, I agree with the fact there is a lot of white in this home (especially the kitchen). But, it's not cluttered looking like other homes Linda has done. I love the master bedroom. The game room is pretty awesome too my son would love that. Not sure about the bunk nook being right at the top of the stairs. I think I seen on the DH show that this home is located on a 11 acre island, is this true? I could really use that car too. I have 2 trucks one has 220,000 miles the other has over 100,000 miles. I really have to baby the one it runs like shitty shitty bang bang ha ha. We use it once a week so I can go get groceries. Well anyway I hope one of us wins good luck to everybody.

Posts: 1349 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Jan 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BillAngFl:
YAY, we have our own category now Wink Welcome Dreamers! My favorite Dream Home is still the Mexico Beach Florida; I would change the fire place in the living room from the gas horror to a good old fashioned wood burning one

I like the '03? home that was just north of Mex Beach, FL on the Pan Handle. It had great curb appeal, quiet setting, charm.
It was a bit far to stores and activities though; but the beach was quickly accessible.
Fireplaces...
Having a wood burning fireplace here in FL, I found that gas fireplaces are good in the South Eastern states, in that they quickly grab moisture out of the room, burn fairly hot and clean. Heat control is immediate, smoke particles/odor on walls and ceilings and furniture is nil.
And they don't ever throw a stink from ashes the next day. Burning all but the drier woods acquired from outside the SE, its fire place ash gives off potent odor after cooling, and it will be so until removed.
An effectively long chimney flue for flue action is important with SE fireplaces for positive firepit relief.
Flue air reversal is common in the area, and high humidity that comes in results in the stink phenomena.
Also, the "dry" wood in the Swamp areas there in S.C. produces a creosote problem. The fires from local woods are slow to rise to high temperature.
Drying local wood takes months in covered settings.
shoeshine boy

Posts: 3165 | Location: FL | Registered: Jan 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chance-in-hell
posted Hide Post
Lovely house, nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.
Is it the only home built in the development? I sleuthed and I think it is. That would worry me, like Mexico Beach and St Mary's you don't want to be the only house built.
But since my chances reflect my name, I won't worry about it.
Linda showed a great deal of restraint in her homey touches this year, I like what she's done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yeah it's me chanceinhell, Member since Jan 03. I had to reregister because the overlords wouldn't let me in.
That's how I roll.

Posts: 46 | Location: Absurdestan | Registered: Dec 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BillAngFl
posted Hide Post
Wow Tango, very objective and informative Wink Good Point!

Posts: 149 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: Feb 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a pellet stove and it has an automatic hopper to feed the pellets to the stove and it burns just about everything .Pellets are cheap also and 40lb bag lasts about 2 or 3 months

Posts: 531 | Registered: Jul 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Good morning dreamers. How nice to find the new thread, thank you HGTV. This home meets so many needs, the best of which, all kids and grands would have somewhere to sleep when visiting. Love the extra nooks and sleeping areas in addition to the beautifuly decorated bedrooms. Well done Linda and Jack.
I love the outside decks and lovely views as well. I can't decode what i love the best as it is all so neat.The game room off the garage looks really fun and on a warm time of the year there would be more sleeping area. Love the walk-in closets.

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5684 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chance-in-hell
posted Hide Post
The view is very peaceful
I don't want to be such a negative Nellie, but what the heck....
the downstairs game room appears to have breakaway walls, As I would think code would require.
So I can't imagine prepping for a hurricane and having to get all that lovely decor on an upper level.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yeah it's me chanceinhell, Member since Jan 03. I had to reregister because the overlords wouldn't let me in.
That's how I roll.

Posts: 46 | Location: Absurdestan | Registered: Dec 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of flboy
posted Hide Post
I did tune in to the special of the new Dream Home. I think it is beautiful as is OUR Jack. He hasn't changed a bit. The home is the nicest yet. I think all the posters here should watch this wonderful view of the 2013 Dream Home on-line.

html

Posts: 2539 | Location: Sarasota | Registered: Jan 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I just returned from out of state,but my DH recorded the special for me which i can't wait to watch. Love the on line so far, so know it will really inspire.

Don't know much about hurricane prep as i have only lived in tornado and earthquake areas, but we all learn to adjust to the need.

Love the dream! Wink

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Posts: 5684 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PacificCoastHome
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeachLadylovesJackT:
Let the games begin! Looking forward to seeing all our dreamers, discussing DH2013, Linda, Jack and BOLO Wink

Thank you! I've had several different user names, but I've been here for so long I can't remember when I first started the MBs. Happy Dreaming!

PCH

The poster formerly known as AudreyMarks

Posts: 134 | Registered: Jul 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr.Bill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TangoW:
quote:
Originally posted by BillAngFl:
YAY, we have our own category now Wink Welcome Dreamers! My favorite Dream Home is still the Mexico Beach Florida; I would change the fire place in the living room from the gas horror to a good old fashioned wood burning one

I like the '03? home that was just north of Mex Beach, FL on the Pan Handle. It had great curb appeal, quiet setting, charm.
It was a bit far to stores and activities though; but the beach was quickly accessible.
Fireplaces...
Having a wood burning fireplace here in FL, I found that gas fireplaces are good in the South Eastern states, in that they quickly grab moisture out of the room, burn fairly hot and clean. Heat control is immediate, smoke particles/odor on walls and ceilings and furniture is nil.
And they don't ever throw a stink from ashes the next day. Burning all but the drier woods acquired from outside the SE, its fire place ash gives off potent odor after cooling, and it will be so until removed.
An effectively long chimney flue for flue action is important with SE fireplaces for positive firepit relief.
Flue air reversal is common in the area, and high humidity that comes in results in the stink phenomena.
Also, the "dry" wood in the Swamp areas there in S.C. produces a creosote problem. The fires from local woods are slow to rise to high temperature.
Drying local wood takes months in covered settings.
shoeshine boy

I think only Santa Claus could know this much about fireplaces. You don't suppose Tango is really ??????

Nah, he couldn't be, or maybe.....

{Proud Member of the Flapjaw Club}
~♥~ ~♥~

Posts: 3616 | Location: United States | Registered: Feb 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mere
posted Hide Post
Hello all you fellow Dream Home dreamers.... new and old! It's good to get the new year off to a great start hoping to win. Good luck!

~♥♥~ Flapjaw
"Embrace each moment... Live every dream."

Posts: 2938 | Location: NJ | Registered: Mar 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes Chance, I remember when you were "put out" I think that's when things started to change actually. Best of luck to you. It would be awesome if you won.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jan 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://i01.i.aliimg.com/photo/...able_LED_Display.jpg

Namaste

Posts: 707 | Location: sum beach.....sum where | Registered: Jul 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mue
posted Hide Post
LOL!!! PCH must have the biggest avi on record Eek I can even see little crab scuttlings in the sand Smile

Love this house - just worried about the skeeters and gators....chomp, chomp, chomp

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#1 Pesky Cat

Feb.14, 2003

Posts: 317 | Registered: May 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin and i was being called big Eek

Mue invest in plenty of skeeter be gone and I have heard gator is good if it is fried Razz

Namaste

Picture of njgal
posted Hide Post
Happy New Year all! Looks like my kind of house...What do we know about that pool?

Posts: 4252 | Registered: Mar 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of coldnCO
posted Hide Post
My favorite was the Tyler Tx home. I would probably sell this one ..it's nice but lacks the love it feel for me..stay warm folks stay positive some one will win.

Posts: 79 | Location: CO. | Registered: Feb 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mere
posted Hide Post
I think my favorite will always be St. Mary's Georgia!

~♥♥~ Flapjaw

Posts: 2938 | Location: NJ | Registered: Mar 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
.....BL passing out welcome back cookies that our cookie made

Mere that was a great home Cool Hard for me to pick just one (cause of jackyaknow) :ssh: but my all time "fun favorite" has to be Tyler DH. We had so much fun with our dreaming on that one Wink

coldnCO sounds like a good idea. Good luck 2 ya.

njgal I have been trying to find out. Where are our dreaming sleuths? I am glad we have you back because you are a super sleuther (?) Where are the dreamer meteorologist that posted weather conditions EVERY DAY at the DH? And I really hate bringing this up but where are the tax experts? Eek We may need to ride!

Namaste

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Hello Everyone,
Tyler Texas was my favorite until I visited Sonoma which then became my favorite. I really like this one as well.

The pool is called a plung pool which i believe is just a means of cooling off. Sounds like fun.

I like your new AVI Beachey.

I believe we need to wait and see with the new tax reform before we determine the tax on this win.

Today, I am dreaming about being in the upper lounge looking out at the view. There are so many spots to just enjoy the scenery.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

posted Hide Post
So happy to have something to dream about these dreary winter months! Good luck everyone!

Posts: 70 | Location: MI | Registered: Feb 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrshmlow
posted Hide Post
I agree! This sweeps always helps get me through these dark, cold, dreary days. Hopefully we can get the message board hopping this year like old times. I remember the Tyler, TX days best Smile

Posts: 391 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: Nov 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sami'smom
posted Hide Post
Yep, lots of fun on the board in the TX days, sitting in my jammies late at night, on dialup, laughing out loud at the wonderful imagination of fellow dreamers.

* Don't believe everything you think... *

Posts: 877 | Location: Santa Cruz, CA | Registered: Feb 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really love most things about this house, just a few things i would change. WHY doesn't linda ever put a king bed in master? my husband is 6'4. king is considered the primo at any nice hotel, not queen. I would get rid of much of the excess clutter, and edit the decor(nice gifts to give away),but love it. the dining room is the weakest room in my opinion. pretty boring. but easy to fix. would move there.

Posts: 124 | Location: puget sound, USA | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Bill:

by shoeshine boy....
I think only Santa Claus could know this much about fireplaces. You don't suppose Tango is really ??????

Nah, he couldn't be, or maybe.....

Ask me about shoe polish, Mr. B. It will astound you. :>) Here's one topic where I know the difference between Polish and polish. :>)
I think polish has to do with poles, and Polish is, like, ah, sausage, quite good, in fact!

Posts: 3165 | Location: FL | Registered: Jan 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So good seeing all your familiar usernames & avatars again. Stirs the soul and very good question Joeeswipe21. I often wondered why no king beds. Thnx nursejudy I have no idea how to crop paste etc and seems never enough time to just sit down, learn, then do those things. Not these days. Our dreamers helped me in the past. We may need to bolo for the bee, pug, cookie, kiwi, calamity, o-land-0, Adele, SolidGold, the egg and blenderbabe (she kno Im thirsty) Wink Where is Pick Me!? And the BLT? Moose is missing. Lensgaga is no where to be found, nor Rohn, K8, BobbinAlong, jettski, etex, cab4gam. LightsOut, KathynAL, persian. I am leaving out another 25+ dreamers! We may need to saddle up.......

I still LOL at times thinking of the good ole days! When we dreamers were free to dream? Priceless! I agree with mrshmlow Smile We need to bring back those days
Big Grin Cool Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BeachLadylovesJackT,

Namaste

posted Hide Post
*waving* Hello TangoW and thnx for the LOL Smile

Namaste

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeachLadylovesJackT:
*waving* Hello TangoW and thnx for the LOL Smile

shoeshine boy is #waving# back >Smile

Picture of lensgaga
posted Hide Post
I'm baaaackk!! It's so nice to see you all here!! I've been roaming around catching up on posts here and another board I used to frequent. I miss the old days of BOLO and trying to keep up with BL!! My browser isn't cooperating well, everything is coming out weird on the page. Oh well, no matter, just glad to see you all!!

Posts: 5647 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of njgal
posted Hide Post
Hey Beachy do not ask for the tax people yet....lets have some fun first.....Smile

Picture of njgal
posted Hide Post
I loved Tyler and Cherish the many times me and the boys visited! The Cruz Family, Etexbill, Arrick Family, Cab for Gam Family, Easton Family and many others became part of my real life family! But I have to say Lake Lure was my favorite and loved the Dreamers meet up for that weekend! Was off the hook! Even though Lake Lure dream home had no water still my favorite!
I will never forget the first night we spent in the Boat house in Texas....Was like being on a boat...sea sick! lol Some time Later, Beachy's Jack ask me in NYC how was it to sleep in the boat house....oh those were the days!!!

posted Hide Post
Big Grin Cool Big Grin

Namaste

posted Hide Post
be still my heart thump thump thump thump *thud*

Namaste

posted Hide Post
and yay lensgaga is home Cool

Namaste

Picture of Phara
posted Hide Post
You have been such a loyal Dream Home dreamer..I think HGTV should just gently rig the drawing and claim you the winner of the 2013 Dream Home. I enter when I think of it now...still dreaming but know my chances to actually win are weak. Lurking & lov'n these dream homes though. Good Luck Nurse Judy.

Posts: 133 | Location: Long Beach CA | Registered: Jan 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
WOO HOO while I was out of town gumby finally gave the 2013DH their own spot....Smile.

Wave To Lens, NJ,& Beachy....great to see ol' faces about.

Liking the sea glass colors of our new home...nice to be thinking beach when we still have winter outside!!!Cool

"Nature does not hurry yet everything is accomplished." - Lao Tau
"There is more to life than increasing it's speed." - Gandhi

<>< Hebrews 13:2

Posts: 7428 | Registered: Feb 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mere
posted Hide Post
Hi there Lens! Happy to see you dreaming with us again!

~♥♥~ Flapjaw

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
So nice to see many of you back. So much more fun to dream with you all here.

Today I am dreaming in the recreation room watching a ping pong tournament with our dreamers.I love the hanging day beds and the huge flat screen TV. Looks like a nice place for for our get together. Wink

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of RicciInOKC
posted Hide Post
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this house. Tylers boat house WAS my favorite,this is my new favorite. One question...why a bed in the entry? I've recently moved to the south and havent found that to be a common feature. Oh, well. I've missed the dreamers and I LOVE LOVE this time of year.

Good luck y'all,
Ricci

Posts: 521 | Location: OKLAHOMA/VIRGINIA | Registered: Jan 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Hi Dreamers!

Nice to see so many familiar names. I haven't been around for a couple of years - have been inhabiting FB lately.

This sure is a pretty house and location.

- JSB

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

We're goin' on a Bear Hunt.
We're going to catch a Big One
I'm not afraid!

Posts: 1039 | Location: New Joisey | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Dreaming today in the great room. Doesn't that fireplace feel toasty?

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

posted Hide Post
*warming my hands by the fire* I agree nursejudy Smile I hear it is a cool day on Kiawah Island. Thinking of a message board winner THIS YEAR warms me right up!

WELCOME BACK JSB Smile RicciInOKC Smile Phara Smile Good luck to all of you!

*waving* to all our dreamers. Don't lurk. Jump right in! nursejudy said it best....much more fun when all the dreamers are here (plus she is walking around with that shot) Wink

Namaste