Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WELCOME BACK DREAMERS! Sign In/Join 
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Because it is cold, staying in front of the fireplace, hot chocolate being served.

I think the day bed near the front door is for one of my grandson's to sleep. How thoughtful of HGTV to add this napping area. Also, i can keep track of him while we are enjoying our hot chocolate in the great room. Isn't the view there wonderful? Wink

Don't worry about the needle. not for my friends, just the patients.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nursejudy,

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5639 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RicciInOKC:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this house. Tylers boat house WAS my favorite,this is my new favorite. One question...why a bed in the entry? I've recently moved to the south and havent found that to be a common feature. Oh, well. I've missed the dreamers and I LOVE LOVE this time of year.
The "bed" area is where the elevator would have been -- apparently they decided not to have one in the house. Saw a mention of it in one of the slideshows.

Posts: 14 | Registered: Dec 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RicciInOKC
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kim! I'll just take those curtains off and have a nice cozy bench to sit on as I take my shoes off. Or we could put the gator there if he makes it past the doorbell.

Good luck y'all,
Ricci

Posts: 521 | Location: OKLAHOMA/VIRGINIA | Registered: Jan 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J'ski
posted Hide Post
Hiya, Guys... What-up? Aren't skeeters the State bied in Carolina???

♥~♥~♥~♥~♥FWW~Sisters of the Straw~GTA♥~♥~♥~♥

Proud member of the TT RT
TT RT D2 Stow-away...and proud of it!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness!

Posts: 10484 | Location: Central Left Coast | Registered: Mar 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of njgal
posted Hide Post
Yup, the State Bird for sure....lol

Posts: 4252 | Registered: Mar 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Being from the Charleston area I am sooo glad that we are getting some recognition. This is a wonderful place to live/ vacation Smile Thank you HGTV for finding Kiawah & building the dream home!

Posts: 3 | Location: Charleston, SC | Registered: Jan 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of luv♥
posted Hide Post
Nice to see familiar faces here! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~

♥Warning!
A blonde here.

Posts: 10768 | Location: ♥Paradise♥ | Registered: Jan 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HGTV-fan-in-MO
posted Hide Post
I'm here to not win again!

Posts: 885 | Location: SouthWest Missouri | Registered: Jan 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J'ski
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't mind winning!

♥~♥~♥~♥~♥FWW~Sisters of the Straw~GTA♥~♥~♥~♥

Proud member of the TT RT
TT RT D2 Stow-away...and proud of it!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness!

Posts: 10484 | Location: Central Left Coast | Registered: Mar 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I registered originally in 04, but I can't remember that account. Oh, well, I guess I'll just have to be a newbie.

If you think you can, you can--unless you can't!

Posts: 73 | Location: United States | Registered: Jan 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Morgan Laine:
Being from the Charleston area I am sooo glad that we are getting some recognition. This is a wonderful place to live/ vacation Smile Thank you HGTV for finding Kiawah & building the dream home!
Morgan, the problem with that--for you at least--is that locals cannot win. You are eliminated from the contest. They fear a local winner would, a, show bias, and, b, not generate enough publicity. Sorry, dude.

Posts: 73 | Location: United States | Registered: Jan 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nursejudy:
Because it is cold, staying in front of the fireplace, hot chocolate being served.

I think the day bed near the front door is for one of my grandson's to sleep. How thoughtful of HGTV to add this napping area. Also, i can keep track of him while we are enjoying our hot chocolate in the great room. Isn't the view there wonderful? Wink

Don't worry about the needle. not for my friends, just the patients.

Do you fear your grandson may slip out the kitchen door and drown--I mean swim in the plunge pool?

Picture of mythreesons
posted Hide Post
Great house, love the color!!! Howdy to all.

Posts: 1546 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: Mar 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sankie
posted Hide Post
HELLO fellow board members....it is so good to be here again and to see so many familiar names and avatars and read your interesting posts!!WHAT FUN

Posts: 286 | Location: Clearwater,Florida,USA | Registered: Feb 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phara
posted Hide Post
Tyler TX was one of my fav Dream Homes too. In the summer when it's hot, I also lull myself to sleep thinking of the breezy sleep porch off the master bedroom in that home near Ashley SC I believe.

I'm liking this home alot though. Besides the "green" aspect...the home seems very easy to live in other than hoping alligators stay away. This home sure keeps me as an official dreamer. Good Luck neighbor.

Posts: 133 | Location: Long Beach CA | Registered: Jan 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Both my grandson's know how to swim and granddaughters are learning, but i would still put in many safety precautions. They make a latch that goes high on a door and you can cover the pool when not in use. Anyone with a pool needs to take precautions and teach children pool safety in addition.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Posts: 5639 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IAmWinner
posted Hide Post
I just love this house, especially the location!

Posts: 1023 | Location: Austin, Texas U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I was thinking alligators are fresh water, this is salt water. There are some salt adapted crocs in Australia, but i believe north carolina might be a bit to cold for them. They aree generally a little more south. What do you all think?

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of fiddlercrab
posted Hide Post
Hey all! I didn't realize that the message board was still here. Nurse Judy, marshes are usually a combination of fresh and salt water. Very doubtful you would see a gator in your yard but not impossible.
Dang I have grown! (Don't know how to reduce my avi size.)

"The Claw"

Posts: 564 | Location: South of Somewhere | Registered: Apr 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silly4Houses
posted Hide Post
Hello again fellow dreamers!!! I LOVE this year's home... so beautiful.

~~~~Dream On!!!!~~~~

Posts: 398 | Location: Naples, FL | Registered: Dec 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RicciInOKC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted Jan 19, 3:02 PM Hide Post
I was thinking alligators are fresh water, this is salt water. There are some salt adapted crocs in Australia, but i believe north carolina might be a bit to cold for them. They aree generally a little more south. What do you all think?

That's why the pool is there...duh. Gators prefer fresh so we will give them fresh. If every house has a pool he can rotate daily. I think its a win win for everyone.

Good luck y'all,
Ricci

Posts: 521 | Location: OKLAHOMA/VIRGINIA | Registered: Jan 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pixie1
posted Hide Post
Howdy BL and all you fellow dreamers! Another year another beautiful home! Linda certainly went with a whole lotta blue to go with the beach theme! The bunk room is super cute and the game room looks uber fun with those hanging sofas and I've got some pretty mad ping pong skeels myself. Anywho just wanted to say hi..I don't post as much these days and don't enter but a few times..just too much going on! But hugs to everyone and keep on dreamin!

~♥~♥~♥~♥~

It takes both rain and sunshine to make a rainbow.

Posts: 4869 | Location: up where it's green.. | Registered: Feb 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Checking in to see which of our dreamers returned. Glad you are all here, waiting for the rest.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of Harmony4jc
posted Hide Post
There is nothing I would change if I won. I love every detail. All the colors, rooms, and space gives you a sense of Harmony and Charm. Karen

Karen

Posts: 2 | Location: Easley, SC | Registered: Feb 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Harmony, I agree, it is well done.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of tjpugmom
posted Hide Post
Howdy Dreamers!!! I have missed y'all more than you can ever imagine. So great to see friendly 'faces' checking in.
This location and home are absolutely Dreamy! Winter here in Ohio has been frigid and very snowy, when I win everyone is invited to bask in the warm sunshine and ocean breezes with me Smile
Good luck and best wishes to everyone!

Pugs are like potato chips... you can never have just one!~♥~♥~
warning: no pug was ever harmed during the making of this siggy line

Proud Member of the Onghic/Caulking crew~

Posts: 2425 | Location: ohio | Registered: Dec 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Hi tjpugmom, glad to see to see you back.It is one dreamy home and the basking is inviting!

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of BIGDADDYS TWINS
posted Hide Post
I've been a message board member since 2004.
It's time for me to win.I am the 2013 dream home winner,I have what I say! Yep my fellow message board members this is the year for BIGDADDYSTWINS to win it all.

Posts: 1565 | Registered: Feb 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Welcome back big daddy, it is some dreamhome isn't it. Nice to have many of long time dreamers here. As I mmentioned as well, I'm ready to move in. Big Grin

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

posted Hide Post
Hi Everyone,
I am Pastora Diana Brevan, I have been so fathomed with this House I love it I never came on the Message boards before I always come to the Websites though and I sign each day. I love this House the mountain I love the high Beam ceilings there is not one that can say Never for the Grace of God one day We will live in our Beautiful Home such as This I am amazed by its beauty and the Rooms and my kitchen I am so in love with that kitchen and it would be awesome as well to write a book there or to make a differance around the globe within each and every lives there . Ok If anyone wins here upon this blog I pray you invite us over for café or a beautiful day there Smiles that would be awesome! than each year we return and I pray the next one will be as beautiful as this one Oh My goodness I love it and I love the Scenery outside as well but My Kitchen oh my goodness Its beautiful! also great nice size rooms for the limited and the Asthma So Come on Down and Join us for Dreamers LN This House is so Me!!! I Love it! there is not one portion of it I dislike But oh my goodness the high beam ceilings the kitchen is amazing! I can get lost within it and just write a way! and that Area I looked into and its awesome there just Awesome! So I will be praying for each of you here Its a Blessing to Keep The Faith and NO that One day You Will Receive what the Lord has instore for you so do not give up nor in that's what Dreamers is all about We do not give up nor in nor be negative if you are negative that's what ruins your Spirit Man Program and You will never WIn! God Bless you Dreamers Oh I am Praying for You oh wow I Imagine Flowers also an eating garden there as well! Awesome

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello guys, is there someone?
I'm dreamer, but it looks like there is noone..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Maslowicz,

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks...it's really appreciating

http://www.dreamwebsolution.com/

Jessica Clement

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post