Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Master bath Sign In/Join 
posted
Design flaw in master bathroom. Nice windows to look out of while in tub. However, the fixtures are on the wrong end to do that. Your head would hit the fixtures if you situated yourself to see out the windows.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BillAngFl
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, I'll check that out Wink

Posts: 149 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: Feb 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, you could make a case for that. I don't like that the end window looks like it comes down an inch or so below the side window - they should both be the same height.

Posts: 748 | Registered: Jan 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dolldemon:
...Your head would hit the fixtures if you situated yourself to see out the windows.

You know what the doctor would say about bathing near the windows... :>) (Do the "window-looking-out-of" after bathing, Mrs. Robinson)
One can't help but be sympathetic to the high vantage point dilemma. ("I can't be viewed up here, fourteen feet above the ground,"---call of the wild.)
One former DH bathtub in Florida was placed outside at ground level in the back yard. Now there was a dilemma, a real high school teacher's challenge!

Posts: 3159 | Location: FL | Registered: Jan 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Agreed about the flaws pointed out, but there are a few thigs I really like about the M Bath.

Love the design of the robe hooks (picture 6) tho' can't figure out where they are hanging???

The frosted glass enclosure for the potty works for me! Bet it makes it seem less claustrophobic, but still gives the, ummm, user privacy.

AND are pictures 7 & 15 showing a partial glass wall between the shower & the potty room? How neat. I really like that.

Love the full wall of

Aside from the bad orientation of the tub & irksome window, this is one of the better M Baths, IMHO.

- J

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

We're goin' on a Bear Hunt.
We're going to catch a Big One
I'm not afraid!

Posts: 1039 | Location: New Joisey | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
Ooh can't one just look out side window while bathing? Probably was a plumber's issue preference I would think. I am more a shower gal and don't I face out that other window while doing so?! See both windows provide a view for bath AND shower...no flaw in that is there? Since I am going to be staying indoors to avoid 'squitos it is certainly nice to have so many windows to appreciate the outdoors....Razz Just hoping the other few months will allow me to roam free....Roll Eyes
Watched the geothermic vid and he stated 6-9 months above 90 degrees and very humid....maybe I will keep my home in Michigan to summer and hurricaine season in....Big Grin.

"Nature does not hurry yet everything is accomplished." - Lao Tau
"There is more to life than increasing it's speed." - Gandhi

<>< Hebrews 13:2

Posts: 7314 | Registered: Feb 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
Hi JSB! Wave I think those hooks must be the bitty glint one can see on the 360 inside the potty chamber.....and I do like that frosted glass for light flow, wonder how much it gets at night though....

I really like the sconces...but when I looked them up it says 25watt....darn I wanted to use them in my upcoming bathroom redo but 25 watts is too low next to a mirror without overhead....may have to include overhead! Was near an Ethan Allen this week and had fun venturing about noticing DH furniture...and the 2013 special playing on a tv to boot! But forgot to check for the sconce and ask about wattage...darn! I was only customer in store there soley for the purpose to play....imagining the power Linda W harnesses as she flits amongst the treasures saying "I like it ...I'll take it....and that and that and that..." Razz Sigh...the lady asked if I had any projects in the works and I answered oh yes lots....in my dreams anyways!! Wink

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
In the potty room... yuk. Well, that's another design flaw.

And you are right about the wattage. Need better light to primp by. Smile

I take it back. This bathroom needs work.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Posts: 1039 | Location: New Joisey | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
Well I suppose it would be good to hang robe there while you use facilities to keep it out of harms way but imagine if my DH was so enclosed and I needed my robe coming out of shower?!?! Conflict of interests there....making me think a seperate potty room is more preferred with robe hooks elsewhere.

I will work with the flaws....hmm what else could we use robe hooks for in bathroom?!?! Don't really see a good outside spot to hang robes unless you attach something to glass shower exterior? Nonetheless I will accept DH2013 flaws included...Razz

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I agree GA, I would love this home as well. I am a cup full person not half empty so all I see are the wonderful views and the wonderful decor.

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5614 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Agreed!

It *is* a beautiful house.

Never be one to look a gift horse in the mouth.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I am thinking a nice soak in the master bath tub and some of those bath salts in the shower would be great.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Posts: 5614 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a bath type person and would have enjoyed a Jacuzzi Tub instead of the soak type, but I can make do.......Can't wait !!!

When are they going to show the hidden room, does anyone know?

Posts: 25 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: Jan 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
A jacuzzi tub would have been nice, but the calm soaker is nice as well. My DH loves to soak. I love the feeling of a hot shower as well. It will be an enjoyable bathroom to use.

Where is the hidden room Phil, that sounds like fun?

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of Mr.Bill
posted Hide Post
You don't need a soaker tub when you have 20 miles of warm swamp water to soak in. ( Just remember not to wiggle your toes in front of the snapping turtles.) Smile

{Proud Member of the Flapjaw Club}
~♥~ ~♥~

Posts: 3590 | Location: United States | Registered: Feb 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
snapping turtles as well Mr. Bill?

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

posted Hide Post
May be you should have consulted a better designer,If there are so much flaws in the design.Now there is so much of an effort put to undo all these...

shane x forest

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
They will all work as is. Great house.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

posted Hide Post
Nursejudy-
I think the hidden room is in the garage. While looking at the virtual tour in the garage I noticed a nook area behind the golf storage closet that isn't really talked about anywhere else.... The floor plans even show an area behind the golf closet. Hmmmm
Could be a space for a bathroom, or just for more storage - I'm thinking that it would store my Christmas and Holiday decor.

Posts: 15 | Location: CdA, ID | Registered: Feb 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
nursejudy-
I looked at the floor plans of the upper floor. There is a space behind the bunk bed area at the top of the stairs.... It looks like it's designed for a closet, or maybe future elevator shaft....

Posts: 15 | Location: CdA, ID | Registered: Feb 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I looked again, and there IS something behind the dresser upstairs in the Bunk Niche. Check it out on the virtual tour. If you zoom in while aiming at the dresser, you can see the cut out on the wall...

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I'm checking it out, thanks for things to look at. The bunk area and pantry where the original area planned for an elevator, but they changed their mind.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I saw thee area you mean both on the blueprints and the 360. It is a very small area, so i am thinking possible storage or a utility area for water heater, etc for the second floor. Good eye Betsy.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

posted Hide Post
Wow some people eh... it's too bad if there is a great view out of the window. I would constantly hit my head and think it's worth it :P

Posts: 10 | Registered: Aug 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any business person cheating on the rules of a message board is sure to cheat their customers.

Posts: 748 | Registered: Jan 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Totally agree with you, window is some inch low from normal.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post