Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Knitting & Crocheting
  Picture of my squares
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picture of my squares Sign In/Join 
Picture of granny3641
posted
Thought I would post a picture of what 768 squares look like before they are sewn together. lol I'm in the process of sewing them into panels (24) and then into one big afghan. And then I'll post a picture of that.!!! I'm donating it to the local library to raffle it off during our town celebration.

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 10039 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
good luck ...they look very pretty

Posts: 39 | Location: douglas AZ zone9 | Registered: Apr 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
Your squares are really pretty. I like the colors. You are certainly organized. I look forward to seeing the finished project. Marylee

Posts: 1494 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maryim
posted Hide Post
Bravo....

Posts: 5424 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
Awesome!!you been busy Smile

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8972 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm impressed!! Looking forward to the finished product px.

Posts: 7206 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NC HillBilly
posted Hide Post
Beautiful granny squares!! I love the colors and really like the ones you divided the colors in. I'll be waiting to see how you organize them when you sew them all together.

Pattyo

Posts: 1433 | Location: Dobson, North Carolina | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Omma5
posted Hide Post
wow! That's a lot of squares! It must have taken you forever. Quite and undertaking for donation! Good for you!

Posts: 4257 | Location: New York | Registered: Feb 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see the finished afghan. Love the colors.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
That's a lot of work! And you're just half finished. I made one granny square baby afghan and have never made another. When I had the squares all made, I wanted to toss them in the air and VOILA! all sewn together. Doesn't work that way. Wink

Posts: 17255 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am with you Sherry, that is why I don't do squares, rather do ripple, and those kinds of ghans, but as this is for a charitable cause, believe the love put in every stitch must be worth the effort. Good luck dear lady, and you have done a good thing, you will be rewarded in some way, I am sure.

Have a great day!!!!!

Shaddy

Posts: 248 | Registered: Oct 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's a lot of squares! I love the colors, and look forward to seeing it finished!

Posts: 3008 | Registered: Jul 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
The boxes are empty.!!!!! I sewed the last block together this morning. And I counted right. Not one square too many or one square to little. lol I now have a stack of 24 'blocks' to sew together. Couple of days, and I'll have it finished.!!! And will have pictures.

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 10039 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw your post and clicked hoping to see px of finished item. Wondered how you got it done so soon. Am looking forward to px.

Posts: 7206 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hammerhugger
posted Hide Post
I have recently gotten back into knitting after about 50 years........I wanted to view what some of you are doing but when I click onto some of the posts that have pics, I just get a big red circle with a cross through it. I am signed in so don't know why I can't see the picture.

My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds.
--Mel Weldon

Posts: 5573 | Location: Arizona, in the valley | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post