Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Knitting & Crocheting
  Afghan is done.!!!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Afghan is done.!!!!! Sign In/Join 
Picture of granny3641
posted
Yes I'm finally done. It took about 2 months, but I didn't do it steady. Or could have had it done a couple of weeks ago. but here goes. Remember all 768 squares?

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 10044 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
This is the assembly of the yellow house. Minus the roof.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: granny3641,

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 10044 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
I'm having a hard time getting the text to be bigger. Please be patient with me.

I'll be back. Got to change a few things.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: granny3641,

Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
Try this again. Once I get them all in blocks I sew them in strips.

Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
And mistakes happen. I would have been really upset if I had sewn the whole thing together had then realized what I had done.

Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
Ta---Daaaaaaa. I'm done. Thank you for following me.

Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17371 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice work. I love it.

Posts: 583 | Location: Brookings, SD | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
Awesome!!

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8987 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that is soooo pretty !

Posts: 39 | Location: douglas AZ zone9 | Registered: Apr 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is fabulous. A lot of work but the end result..... Oh my. So great.

Posts: 7282 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!! Great job. So worth waiting to see it completed.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NC HillBilly
posted Hide Post
Oh my, granny3641, that is the most fantastic afghan I have ever seen! I really admire you for such an undertaking. I have crocheted most of my life, and I would never try doing that afghan. You should be really proud of it, and proud of your self for staying with it to the finish. Thank you for letting us follow along.

Pattyo

Posts: 1433 | Location: Dobson, North Carolina | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! I didn't realize there would be a pattern to it when I saw the piles of squares. It's amazing!

Congrats on finishing!

Posts: 3016 | Registered: Jul 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
Thank you ladies for your kind words. I really enjoyed doing the afghan. I've made 5 others that have scenes on them like this. One I designed myself (A large deer standing in a field).

Called the library to give it to them to raffle off and they need to get a permit. And the permit takes 4-8 weeks to come thru.!!! Dang.! We had a photographer all lined up for the paper and everything. Oh well...here it sits until the permit comes in.

posted Hide Post
Wow that is soo pretty!! You have a lot of patients. Love and caring sure went into it. I hope whoever wins it will take good care of it.
Thank you for sharing it with us.

Carlene

Posts: 1814 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
I come and "visit" here frequently and your afghan is beautiful and definitely a labor of love. Hope it is going to be a very successful raffle.

Posts: 8221 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post