Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Knitting & Crocheting
  snowflake for dummies?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

snowflake for dummies? Sign In/Join 
posted
I'd like to make some snowflake ornaments, but I've never crocheted with the thin thread and small hooks.
Anyone have a favorite pattern that you can point me in the direction of?
They're for next year, so no rush.
Thanks!

Holly

Posts: 2925 | Registered: Jul 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jodi's Mom
posted Hide Post
If you Google "free crochet snowflake pattern" you'll find hundreds of patterns. Start with something simple and work up. It's lots of fun - good luck!

Posts: 231 | Location: Charleston, SC | Registered: Oct 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Look at these:
http://fabact.co/christmas/sno...ochetsnowflakes.html

Starting at the top and counting across rows, I have made #s 4,
17, 18, 19, 20.
Of those, the easiest are - oh well - I think that those are all easy. But do # 17 first.

Click on each snowflake for the directions for that snowflake.

(#s 1 and 2 look easiest too!)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KeepYouInStitches,

Posts: 16455 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try this forum at Crochetville, you will need to join the group, but is enjoyable, the ladies sure know their stuff, and of course, there are others to be made that are simple, start there, and not so many picots. You will blossom later making easy ones first. See what you think, and take your time, I have done blizzards of flakes. They can last forever if done right.
wisconsingal

http://www.crochetville.com/co...-snow-snowflake-cal/

Have a great day!!!!!

Shaddy

Posts: 244 | Registered: Oct 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the links, ladies! I like the idea of making a snowflake every week!
I just have to finish the baby afghan I'm working on, then I'm free to do fun things!

Posts: 2925 | Registered: Jul 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Big company that I worked for in the past. You do not know how disappointed I was when I heard "Christmas presents." OH MY! Several people gave small token gifts. I started to work December 1, so did nothing the first year. One year, I made quite a few snowflakes. I started in January so that I would not be working on them at the last minute!

Posts: 16455 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post