Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

prayers needed Sign In/Join 
Picture of Marlena Ritter
posted
We just brought hubby home from the hospital and now he's under hospice care. So we don't know how long he has.

Marlena

Posts: 1186 | Location: Wichita Ks | Registered: Jan 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers are going out to you right now for you and your husband and family. I have been through similar with my husband (not on hospice) and my mom (was on hospice) so I can just imagine how you are feeling. But rest assured, we will keep you in our prayers.
Roe

Posts: 30 | Registered: Aug 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much Roe. Just got home so trying to adjust.

Marlena

Posts: 1186 | Location: Wichita Ks | Registered: Jan 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hospice nurses are angels. I'm so sorry for your situation.

Holly

Posts: 3016 | Registered: Jul 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The ones I've met so far are really nice. I'm trying to figure out how this works as never had to work with something along these lines. But it's a big help to have them.

Marlena

Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
They are angels and willing to do anything to help you.Hugs and prayers!!!

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8987 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you jacky I am lucky to have friends on here to help me stay sane. I am lucky that he's not too bad right now.

Marlena

posted Hide Post
Marlena, my best friend passed from br*ast cancer two years ago, and she had hospice the last almost year. They will get you an aide to help with his physical care when needed. If you can't leave him to shop, the aide can either stay with him or shop for you. They can get you pastoral care if you want it. If you need them in the middle of the night they will come. They will get him the good stuff when he needs pain control. They can get a social worker for you if you need one. They will explain the progression of the illness when you are ready to hear it.
I was at my friend's house almost every day for six months, and I could call the nurse whenever I had questions about her care. (She had given the hospice permission to discuss anything with me- I was her power of attny.)
And when the time comes and he passes, they will support you however you need and want.
Like I said, they are angels.
I am a nurse, and I couldn't do it. I could do the physical part, but not the emotional part.

Above all, be kind to yourself.

posted Hide Post
Holly,
They are looking into getting an aide as we have an aide through his hbcs, And we are waiting to see if her hrs will be increased. They are getting a volunteer to come in while everyone that can stay with him have to be in court. I finally got a hold of the pastor friend of his to let him know the situation. It's hard to see him get up for a couple of hours and then fall asleep in his wheel chair,. I know part of it is the fact he just got out of the hospital. I am going to try and get the pastor of the church we go to, to come out. They have given me the medicine when he gets really bad. And he has to go see his mental health Dr to have her go through his meds.

Marlena

Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
So sorry you are having to go thru this. Pr*yers are always coming your way. And altho we aren't there to give you a physical hug, we are there with a big shoulder for you to 'lean' on and always ready to listen to you.

G od bless

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 10044 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you granny. I would be lost without my friends on here. Plus I have to see what everyone is working on.

Marlena

posted Hide Post
Hubby is getting weaker and weaker so we will see what the nurse has to say when she comes out today.

Marlena

Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17366 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Sherry

Marlena

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
They don't think hubby is going to make it through the might.

Marlena

posted Hide Post
OMG!! My prayers are still with you and your hubby.

Roe

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Thoughtss and prayers. Take care of yourself too.

Carlene

Posts: 1813 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We lost Ron tonite.

Marlena

posted Hide Post
Oh I am so sorry to hear of his passing. May the love and prayers of family and friends help you through this very difficult time.

Roe

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
The memorial service is set for Friday afternoon.

Marlena

Picture of NC HillBilly
posted Hide Post
Oh, Marlena, my heart goes out to you. I know exactly what you are going through. I lost my dear husband the last of November. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Pattyo

Posts: 1433 | Location: Dobson, North Carolina | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is the hardest part for me these last almost 6 months as I am at a loss of what to do. I took care of him for 6 1/2 yrs and now he isn't there for me to take care of.
We are trying to plan on getting together around Christmas to celebrate.

Marlena