Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Knitting & Crocheting
  Knit/Crochet and Tell 2-27-14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Knit/Crochet and Tell 2-27-14 Sign In/Join 
posted
This is our weekly sharing thread. Tell us what you've finished, what you're working on- we'll cheer you on! And visit our sister thread on the quilting boards!

I started a star shaped child's afghan that is a Herrschners kit. The direction are less than wonderful, but it's coming along nicely.

What are you working on?
Holly

Posts: 2995 | Registered: Jul 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
I finally finished the scarf I was knitting. I am pleased with it.

Everyone's projects are really nice. I like seeing them. I have not yet tried to master posting pictures.

I saw a sashay scarf at Joann's and it was really pretty. I had not seen one before..only pictures.

I have not decided what my next project will be. Marylee

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mriley,

Posts: 1489 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am still crocheting on my afghan and am 1/2 done with it. I did finish a doily and listed it on craftstar. I am also doing some plastic canvas hearts that I am going to group together on a string so it can be hung up for Valentines day. I am going to do some plastic canvas hearts for Easter.

Here is my website for craftstar

www.hoffershobbies.craftstar.com

Posts: 569 | Location: Brookings, SD | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lionpride
posted Hide Post
Finished a 2 wash cloths. Finally did some sewing after a couple months. Did one wash cloth for a baby due any day. Got thread out to do another as watch tv. Not sure what other project want to attack next. Nice to see the items getting done here. Will try to get back later with picture of the one wash cloth I have done still in house.

Posts: 903 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Dec 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sadisu
posted Hide Post
Finished the last details of prayer shawl, packed and sent. Finished grand daughters slouch hat for birthday, cowl 8 squares for the crochet a long Red Heart. Started another sampler afgan 6 squares completed. Whew break time heading to Vegas for a week, yes, I will drag my crochet with me. Joan

Stay Calm crochet on

Shawl

Posts: 106 | Location: Arizona | Registered: Feb 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm working on a rising star afghan, which is a Herrschner's kit. Directions are poorly written. If I was a beginning crocheted, I'd be in trouble.

Posts: 2995 | Registered: Jul 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
I like the star Holly. I understand the granny parts, but I do have a problem following patterns. I've done 5 now of the circle in a square afghans and am surprised that I was able to follow those directions. lol And just finished 2 pairs of barefoot sandals. (Maybe there is hope for me yet)

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 10032 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That star is gorgeous, Holly!!

Nicole

Posts: 207 | Registered: Jan 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
Very pretty Holly!!I got my yarn order and of course had to play some with itSmile

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8944 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
Daughter # 2 sent a picture of the afghan that I made her. I called it Winter Garden. It has light green, beige, yellow and brown on a white background. Wish it was a closer up picture so you could see the colors better. I've never really looked at it to see all the evenly spaced holes and patterns they make. I surprise myself. lol

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 10032 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
I forgot....kitty is Ollie Joe. And he likes the afghan too. lol

Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
Very pretty afghan!!! so is kitty Smile

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8944 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marlena Ritter
posted Hide Post
I am still working on a couple of afghans for hubby. But didn't get as much done as I would have liked as hubby was in the hospital for almost 2 weeks just got home yesterday. Now I found out I need to get busy and make a few afghans for the grand kids before Christmas.

Marlena

Posts: 1179 | Location: Wichita Ks | Registered: Jan 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post