Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Knitting & Crocheting
  Knit/crochet and tell 7-10-14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Knit/crochet and tell 7-10-14 Sign In/Join 
posted
This is our weekly sharing thread. Tell us what you're working on, and we'll cheer you on!

I'm still working on the Red Heart afghan- it'll take a while to get this one done. I got the hexagons done, and I'm doing triangles.

Who's using up yarn?
Holly

Posts: 3009 | Registered: Jul 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to use it up. lol I started another circle in a square and did all the center circles a different color. Used 18 different colors. And had a few left over. (That's a lot of stash yarn.!!!) Have used a different color for each round. No two circles will be the same. Ran out of a couple of colors and so just got another color from the stash. And will still have yarn left over. And it's all Red Heart. I found another yarn that is softer and easier to work with, so want to use RH up. Will have to buy a color for the squares and border. When I'm done, I will give the left overs to a neighbors. She does zig-zag afghans and uses all different colors.

I will call this afghan 'wild child'. lol Will post a pic when I get it done.

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 10039 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Brenda Jones
posted Hide Post
Hi I found a great way to use up my stash with a V-stitch afghan. I love the way it is turning out each row is a different color but you can do whatever you want. I got the pattern I am using from Lacy Crochet. It is her preemie baby blanket. I just made it larger.
Brenda

Posts: 271 | Location: Owens Cross Roads | Registered: Aug 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am busy crocheting up a storm still for craft shows. I have not been posting anything to my sites that I sell on until after the shows are over with. I am using up some yarn which hubby is loving lol. I am sorting yarn slowly into cubicles that hubby is putting together for me and totes so that like colors are together. I am going to make some more afghans for kids and grandkids and finish the one I am working on for hubby. It is a good thing I only work parttime and that I am taking 3 weeks off in August. I should get a lot of crocheting done then. I am going out to Seattle for about 2 weeks of that time and then will be in Spearfish for a couple days and then home for the last week of my time off to recoup from driving so much.

Happy Hooking everyone.

Posts: 581 | Location: Brookings, SD | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post