Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Knitting & Crocheting
  Annie's Attic Mother Lode!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Annie's Attic Mother Lode!! Sign In/Join 
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted
I have been given a box FULL of Annie's Attic pattern booklets dating from 1986-2003! As soon as I've had a chance to sort through them, I will be posting for you to take your pick...you pay postage.

It was all I could do not to bring them in the office and start sorting!!!

If you are looking for a specific pattern and know the month/year, just let me know.

Posts: 17193 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking forward, would love to see some piney patterns, doilies, or whatever. How lucky for you to have this opportunity, and know that you will use it wisely, these are seldom seen anymore.
Do keep in touch, if nothing else PM me, I am most interested in what you might find in there, and have a good time, you are going down memory lane!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day!!!!!

Shaddy

Posts: 248 | Registered: Oct 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your offer. Looking forward to what you find. How cool that someone gave you a great box of patterns.

LI Roe

Posts: 28 | Registered: Aug 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh my goodness! How am I going to divide these?

I sorted a few by year. Looked at a few. Just about each that I looked at had crochet with yarn or thread, plastic canvas needlepoint, some might have doll stuff, some might have kid stuff.

There are a few macramé pamphlets.

When I get them all out and my dining table covered...sorting by year...I'll be baaacccckkkkk. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KeepYouInStitches,

Posts: 17193 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
do what you are comfy doing, sorting by craft is probably the easier way, I am more interested in crochet than PC or any of the others, never got into those crafts at all. If you find you have a listing you want to share, do so, always watching, and hope we can mutually share the bounty!

Have a great day!!!!!

Shaddy

posted Hide Post
I think what is going to be easier for moi Big Grin is for you to tell me how many books you want. If there's any particular year/decade you are interested in. You can pass on those you don't care for.

Some books are primarily crochet...others have additional crafts in them.

Shaddy, I'll pull only crochet books for you.

Also, some are in binders - I have eight binders. Some store bought from Annie's others are plastic canvas needlepoint. Let me know if you want those booklets with binders and how many binders you want. The binders, of course, will raise the shipping costs.

In the meantime, I'm still sorting by year......

posted Hide Post
Whatever you come up with in crochet, let me know, not saying I would buy them all, perhaps I have some of them already, but sure would love a stab at what you have. Binders, don't know what you mean by those, are they a mix of crafts? Then, I would not be into those, but just crochet, whether yarn, or thread, is my passion, and whenever you are ready, do contact me? I PM'd you with my address, in case you would like to contact me quickly. This is so kind of you, be sure and keep some things you like for yourself, as well, you may kick yourself later if you don't.
I trust you don't have a large family to cook for and can use the table as a sorting place? Lucky you, means you have elbow room. Talk soon?

Have a great day!!!!!

Shaddy

posted Hide Post
LOL Big table with two people eating at one end. And yes, I am keeping what I want. Big Grin

Perhaps I should not have posted this immediately...I'm leaving on a cruise next Sunday and may not be able to be able to scan any booklets to start showing until I get back. But I will remain in touch.

posted Hide Post
Have a great time on your cruise!!!!

LI Roe

Posts: 28 | Registered: Aug 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope things go well for you on the cruise, hearing what has happened to the last couple ships, makes me shudder, but perhaps things won't be anything like that for you. With the winter we have had here in Wisconsin, I do envy you a great deal, don't fret about the stash, it will still be there when you get home. You need to look out for number one, and that is you! Have fun, and pack those suitcases!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day!!!!!

Shaddy

posted Hide Post
We are packing over-the-counter meds and keeping our fingers crossed. Wink Lots of Lysol and hand sanitizer too!!!

posted Hide Post
Thinking ahead, smart move!

Have a great day!!!!!

Shaddy

posted Hide Post
If you happen to run across the book that has a baby hat made of thread or sport yarn I would like it. the back was a filet heart and I can't remember what the from of it had. but I do think it had a ruffle on the front and the bottom of the back.

Posts: 21 | Registered: Jul 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marlena Ritter
posted Hide Post
I will take any crochet books no matter the year.i

Marlena

Posts: 1179 | Location: Wichita Ks | Registered: Jan 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post