Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

scarves Sign In/Join 
posted
Here's what I've been making to sell for the holidays. Thanks for looking

Carlene

Posts: 1372 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fourthdaymom
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! I love the colors.

Dale

Posts: 356 | Location: Lyman SC | Registered: Dec 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
Ooooo, really pretty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."

Posts: 7701 | Location: Black Creek, WI Zone 5 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lovely. I saw that yarn(?) and wondered what to do with it.

Posts: 170 | Registered: Jun 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
Aren't they fun!!!TFS

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8873 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are beautiful! I thinking these are knit - do you know if you can crochet with this yarn?

Posts: 62 | Registered: Dec 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No they are crochet. I can't knit. There is a video on You tube showing how to do them. It's
by Red Heart yarn. Type in how to crochet with Sashay yarn
There is a video for knit too.
If you make some please post pic..
If you need a link to the video I'll be glad to
post it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: silly bird,

Carlene

Posts: 1372 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fourthdaymom
posted Hide Post
There is also a video on you tube by Maggie Weldon (Maggie's Crochet) and for me, it was easier to do than the one by Red Heart. Slightly different look, but still a pretty scarf.

Dale

Posts: 356 | Location: Lyman SC | Registered: Dec 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lindaj52
posted Hide Post
Michaels has the yarn and a project sheet that shows how to make these scarves. Been meaning to try it out, but just haven't had the time. Currently, I'm crocheting with 32 guage wire with beads added and making jewelry. Oh, and cotton yarn making potholders and dishcloths, and Impeccable yarn by Loops & Threads for my ponchos. Ah, well, mayby this winter I'll have time to try some new stuff.

LindaJ52

Posts: 2387 | Location: Clifton, IL, USA | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I DO NOT knit or crochet. BUT, I have made 3 of those scarves already.My sister claimed one before I was even finished. She said 'No problem, Ill just put some beads on the end of it". I know the "jests" of knitting and it doesn't have to be perfect to get the same effect. I love these. They are all over Alberta. They sell like hotcakes at farmer's Markets and flea markets. They are so easy to make.

Posts: 1119 | Registered: Jan 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
I'm knitting them

Posts: 8873 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very pretty Jacky! I like the way it lays in rings. I'm making a black and white one now. Thanks.

Carlene

Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
Wanted someone to make this for DGD will trade one of the lace ones like above,any colors.

posted Hide Post
I made about 75 of them from the middle of November until Christmas - sold all but 6 of them. They are addicting to make. I crocheted mine, but want to try knitting too.

Posts: 679 | Location: Alabaster, AL | Registered: Feb 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW you were busy. I only made and sold about 25 of the ruffled ones. They are addicting!! I'm done with them and will make something different to sell next Christmas. I get pretty bored with the same thing very long! May I ask what you how much you sold them for? I sold mine for 20. Thanks

Carlene

posted Hide Post
I'm still making some - still getting some orders. Hope they are still popular next Christmas but I will try to find something different as well. I sold mine for $15 or 2 for $25.

Posts: 679 | Location: Alabaster, AL | Registered: Feb 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How long do you make them? I'm crocheting one and used about half the skein and it seems about the length I would like. I have some other scarfs that are so long they get in the way.

Posts: 364 | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine are about 6' long because I like to use all the yarn (haven't figured out what to do with the left over). I crochet 10 stitchs at a time!

Carlene

posted Hide Post
A lady at my beauty shop makes those and they look great. She said they are simple.

Posts: 26 | Location: TN. | Registered: Feb 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of peppermintpattitotherescue
posted Hide Post
Hello All,
I made them shorter for younger great niece, then used the leftover yarn to make one for her my size Barbie.

Save Planet Earth, it is the only Planet with chocolate!!

Posts: 989 | Location: Camarillo, California | Registered: Mar 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure if I saw the message on here or another one. There is also a pattern to make these by casting on 10 stitches and then taking of 9 stitches in one swoop(so to speak) You can tell I don't knit or crochet by my language. THis makes a cute scarf and is completed faster. I usually make 2 scarves with one skein.

Posts: 1119 | Registered: Jan 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of snigglebug
posted Hide Post
google no crochet sashay scarfs and the video will come up for you....very easy pattern

Posts: 36 | Registered: Apr 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have purchased some yarn. Need to look up a crochet pattern. Will have to look up the video that you guys mentioned.

Posts: 652 | Location: Ashley, IL | Registered: Feb 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have some awesome VERY EASY. knit stitch only, scarf patterns for sale for only 4.50 in my etsy shop. These scarves knit up really quick, in the round, on size 15 and size 17 needles.My favorite pattern for sale knits up in just one skein of lions brand homespun yarn!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/Beau...?section_id=12202968

This message has been edited. Last edited by: beaucycled,

Meredith at Beaucycled

scarf

Posts: 6 | Location: Philadelphia | Registered: Jun 14, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post