Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Knitting & Crocheting
  Knit and/or Crochet and Tell! 1-23-14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Knit and/or Crochet and Tell! 1-23-14 Sign In/Join 
posted
This is our new trial weekly thread. Tell us what you've finished, what you're working on- we'll cheer you on! Pix are great!

I'm playing with snowflakes. That will probably go on for months! I'll post pix later- I'm on the PC and the pix are on my iPad.

So what are you working on?

Holly

Posts: 2929 | Registered: Jul 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
Hi Holly I'm still working on scarfs and determined to finish up 2 UFO's of these baby afghans.

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8872 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
This is scarf from the silky fabric,DGD claimed it,I'n doing just the opposite colors now

Posts: 8872 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
And some santa DC's

posted Hide Post
I am in a slump right now I don't know what I want to work on next. LOL I will figure something out soon I hope. I am looking for patterns for bath scrubbies and booties. I found a bath scrubbie pattern I liked and a pattern for towel toppers that I liked so I am going to start working on those 2 things next.

Posts: 529 | Location: Brookings, SD | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lionpride
posted Hide Post
Just recently finished 2 hats for a lady on quilt board for her aunt. Did another for my niece but didn't get a picture of that one. The one for my niece is similar as the orange, green, pink one but made with yellow instead of solid orange along with the variegated color. Then did bright pink tassels and topper as for nine month old girl.

Posts: 894 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Dec 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lionpride
posted Hide Post
We are working on redoing our craft room that just got back at end of the year as my son moved rooms as mom had moved to another house. We got some milk crates and did the zip ties so they would stay together and then stuffed some that was grouped in bags to help hold against wall at the top. This is a little corner area next to the door with one row on side wall, one in corner, and one next to light switch. There is a row below with variegated yarns in them or white.

Posts: 894 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Dec 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lionpride
posted Hide Post
Some really pretty projects. Not sure what doing next have some yarn picked out for crocheting a baby blanket. It is a round one or star like, haven't tried this pattern before. Have done 21 hats so far this winter for family, friends and some people that just needed one. Need to get back to sewing been around 5-6 months now siggghhh. Did couple of the sashay scarves and couple dishcloths.

Picture of Craftyrad
posted Hide Post
Finally finished this baby sweater I started back in the summer. It zips up the back and the zipper had to be put in by hand, so I kept putting it off. Don't know why it took so long to knit, but I thought I'd NEVER finish it.

Ruth Ann

Lilac Baby Sweater

Posts: 1623 | Location: MA | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am just starting to knit a red heart sashay scarf for a friend of mine. I started it when you mentioned the other day that you were starting this thread. I am in the middle of another scarf that I was doing just so I could get the hang of knitting and purling, but the darn thing kept coming off the needles every time I set it down and so I would have to take out a couple of rows every time because I just could not seem to get it to look right when I fixed it. So I had stopped knitting for awhile. But I Got some caps to put on the end of the needles for Christmas and I thought my friend would like the scarf and could use it since it is freezing outside. I have one that I made for myself last year and I love it.

These are some really beautiful projects. I hope that one day I can knit and crochet as well as all of you. Dani, having that much yarn and having it organized like that would be a dream come true for me!

Nicole

Posts: 146 | Registered: Jan 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
I have knitted several scarves for myself and my daughters. I use baby yarn and eye lash. Each row is knit stitch and however wide you want it. These scarves are really soft and warm. I have also knitted toboggans for several of the guys in the family.

I learned the basic knit/purl stitches sixty years ago in high school when knitting argyle socks was the rage.

This thread is serving as an inspiration for me to try something with a pattern to it. Thank you for starting it. Marylee

Posts: 1451 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finally got out of my slump and am doing some towel toppers that are crocheted and are separate so you can hang any towel from them. They work up fast and I can get quite a few done at one sitting. I will post pictures when I take them.

Posts: 529 | Location: Brookings, SD | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm so glad you're all liking this new thread! Such pretty thing are being made!

It just started snowing here- again! I want to get some pix up, next time I go in the sewing room.

Holly

posted Hide Post
Here's my snowflakes, so far. Definitely a learning curve to them!

posted Hide Post

Picture of lionpride
posted Hide Post
Nicole, thanks. Many years of collecting. I have made 20-35 hats every winter season for quite a few years now. Between buying yarn on sale, yard sales and what was given me I had around 5 garbage bags in garage. One year my aunt gave me 5 kitchen garbage bags as didn't want the left over from her projects, smiled for a while from that. Smile
Holly thank you for starting this, and those snowflakes will get easier. I did coaster size doilies one time to get used to the smaller size needle and thread after not using for awhile. They are really pretty.
Love all the projects, gives me inspiration to try other projects.

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
I love seeing what others are working on. It's such fun! This is the winter to make hats and scarves. We have freeze warnings all the way down to the Texas coast! Crazy drives have never been on frozen highways.

What a great idea to put plastic ties on those bins. Got ties and bins that don't stay together TFS

I've been crocheting the cotton magic Double thickness potholders. I bet I'm the only one who crochets on a recumbent bike! LOL

Posts: 7001 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been making cowls and scarves. Snoods for dogs. The snoods I just kind of wing it since I do not have a pattern I like. Have to keep my furkids warm this winter!

God nevers give you more than you can accept, wish he did not have so much faith in me

Posts: 142 | Registered: Jan 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beedeeess
posted Hide Post
Holly,

Making crocheted snowflakes can be trying especially when you haven't done them before but it looks like you're doing a great job. It will probably surprise you how nice they look after they have been starched (or sugared) and blocked.

Keep up the good work.

Posts: 257 | Location: Southampton, NJ | Registered: Nov 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sadisu
posted Hide Post
Just finished a prayer shawl, photos later. Made 7 sampler squares, joined Red Heart sampler afghan crochet along, will do week two square today or tomorrow. Finished a slouchy hat, two cowls. I normally steer clear of afghans that have to be sewn together but I do believe I am getting hooked on the looks of the Sampler Afghan now will see to sew them together, I like crocheting the squares but not hooking together. Here is the crochet along I joined. Will take photos later. http://www.redheart.com/blog/j...-throw-crochet-along. Joan

Stay Calm crochet on

Posts: 105 | Location: Arizona | Registered: Feb 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sadisu
posted Hide Post
Finished square two of the crochet along, going to Yuma today so will take photos tomorrow. Joan

Stay Calm crochet on

Posts: 105 | Location: Arizona | Registered: Feb 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Craftyrad
posted Hide Post
Finished a "Keep it Simple" Spiral Necklace. It was a lesson on using beads and purled I-cord given in my knitting group in November, but I just dug it out, finished it and finally found the clasp.

Ruth Ann

Posts: 1623 | Location: MA | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
That is really pretty. I like it. Thank you for sharing. Marylee

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mriley,

Posts: 1451 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post