Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Knitting & Crocheting
  Can someone help me figure out how to...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can someone help me figure out how to... Sign In/Join 
Picture of luvthosequilts
posted
I saw beautiful shell crochet edging (it is NOT a shell stitch) I believe it starts with the chain and then you work it upwards...but yet maybe it is an end to end sideways pattern...

"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

Posts: 4510 | Registered: Feb 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have zoomed in on the pic and it does seem like it is worked from end to end...
Here is a link for a look of your at more of the block and the magnificent work she has done...
http://plays-with-needles.blog...and-seam-shells.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: luvthosequilts,

"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

posted Hide Post
Hi again...
If you are not familiar with Maggie Weldon of Maggie's Crochet check it out...
www.maggiescrochet.com
if you sign up you can get her free patterns when you sign in and....
I found a pattern that will work for the shells...now I just have to figure out the connect...but I am hoping that will fall in line as I work...I'm very optimistic aren't I?
BTW the pattern is #197 Leaf crochet dishcloth.