Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Knitting & Crocheting
  Remember my afghan?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remember my afghan? Sign In/Join 
Picture of granny3641
posted
Remember the afghan I made and wanted it to be raffled off for the library. Well.....I still have it and the Homer Days celebration is this week-end. The lady at the library didn't get around and get a permit. That was almost 8 weeks ago she was supposed to apply. I'm so upset. I made it with love and really wanted to help the library out. Now I don't know what to do with the afghan. (She thought maybe they could give it away as a prize to someone who reads a lot of books!!! No way!!!!!)

Sorry for the rant. I'm just bummed. Guess I'll have to find another good cause.

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 10039 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jean, sorry this has happened to you. I'd donate it to another cause, a place that will be honored to be able to benefit from it. You've put a lot of hard work and money into it and it should be handled with gratitude and respect. Hope you find the perfect cause. Liz

Posts: 963 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: Aug 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
Thanks Liz. I'm scouting around.

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 10039 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is so disappointing.....and disgusting.

Have you found another charity?

Posts: 7219 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post