Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Knitting & Crocheting
  June Stashbusting Let's see how much of our stash we can us
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

June Stashbusting Let's see how much of our stash we can us Sign In/Join 
posted
I got this idea from gonesewin on the quilting board and I thought I would do it here. I checked with gonesewin to make sure it was ok if I used it here since I didn't want to step on any toes.

My name is Steph. I started this to inspire us to use up our yarn stash. You can tell us about what you are crocheting or knitting.

I will be coming up with ideas of prizes to send out but I want everyone to know I am a smoker and I do have 2 dogs in my house. I do not want to offend anyone with anything that would get sent and then have an allergy or reaction to what was sent.

This months participants are:

Posts: 584 | Location: Brookings, SD | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello, Steph! It looks like quite a few of us share our passion for both fabric and yarn. Although I do need to do some yarn stash busting, what I really, REALLY need to focus on is UFOs.

A couple of months ago I went through my UFOs and put them all where I can see them when I open the closet in the spare room. Currently I have 4 baby afghans and 4 adult size afghans in various stages.

My goal is to finish these by the end of the year. If only new things would quite grabbing my attention.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can relate to the ufo's Karen. I am in the process of working on a c2c afghan for my husband but other things are calling my name too. I have quite a few cross stitch projects going too that I need to get back to doing and finish so I can sell them at the craft show I am doing the end of July. I hope to get some yarn used up with some more crocheting too. I will be busy with trying to get some stuff done after I get thru this 5 day stretch at work. I work overnights so not much is getting done.

I will be getting some of these things done soon I hope. We could always doing a ufo finishing deal too. I will see what I can come up with at the end of the week.

Have a good evening all.

Posts: 584 | Location: Brookings, SD | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I made it thru my 5 day stretch at work and now have a few days off. I am working on a corner to corner baby afghan and am a little over 1/4 of the way done with it I hope to get it done this week before going back to work next week. Working on the ufo's is getting stash used up too good luck with it Karen

posted Hide Post
One of my many afghans made from odds and ends..

Posts: 3 | Location: USA | Registered: Jun 13, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17431 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Sherry!!

Posts: 3 | Location: USA | Registered: Jun 13, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
welcome luvs I love the afghan

posted Hide Post
Actually, I haven't quite figured out how to stash bust.

I stash buy.

Roe

Posts: 30 | Registered: Aug 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome LiRoe I know the feeling on buying stash I buy more than I use lol

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steph57006:
welcome luvs I love the afghan

Thank you!!!