Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Knitting & Crocheting
  Knit/Crochet and Tell 2-6-14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Knit/Crochet and Tell 2-6-14 Sign In/Join 
posted
Knit/Crochet and Tell is our weekly sharing thread. Tell us what you've finished, what you're working on- we're here to cheer you on! And check out our sister thread on the quilting board.

I'm still making snowflakes. When I go in the sewing room I'll post pix. It was a strange week- Monday was a snow day, Tuesday and Wed were 2 hour delays.

So what are you working on?
Holly

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Holly in South Jersey,

Posts: 3006 | Registered: Jul 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3006 | Registered: Jul 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
Holly, you are making great headway with your snowflakes. They are looking good. I made snowflakes 30 years ago and I hang them on my tree every year. They still look just the way they did when I made them. When I get comfortable with trying to post pictures, I will post a picture of one. I am knitting a winter scarf right now. I am pleased with how it is going. Thank you so much for starting this fun thread. Marylee

Posts: 1494 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am working on an afghan right now but I did get some new yarn that I ordered and really want to try it out.

The snowflakes look like fun to do I should try making some of them. I will have to google for a pattern for them.

Have a good day all.

Posts: 576 | Location: Brookings, SD | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Craftyrad
posted Hide Post
Finished sewing up the last of the preemie hats. Every year I make 52 of them for a NICU unit. Almost all are different except for a few with variegated yarn to use up a skein of that. Everything from leftover yarn except for one skein of white that I got at a thrift shop for 50 cents.

Ruth Ann

Posts: 1634 | Location: MA | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lionpride
posted Hide Post
Nice projects.
Holly your snow flakes are really pretty. It is a lot of fun seeing what every one else is doing.
Mriley, what color is your scarf? When you said winter it made me think fuzzy Smile

Steph, do you have project picked out for your new yarn? Can't wait to see picture of afghan.

Craftyrad, is there a pattern for them? They are really nice looking and what a nice thing to do. Are they crochet or knit?
I found some yarn that was going to do for me, a variegated blue that I brought a while ago. Was going to make a poncho, but don't wear them so will figure something else out.
Also found a knit baby afghan that had started, it is about halfway done. Have to find the instructions so that I can finish it up. Think seen them other day when organizing some stuff.
Keep all the pretties coming.

Posts: 903 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Dec 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Craftyrad
posted Hide Post
The pattern I use for preemie hats is from Precious Purls Project. The tattered pattern I have for knitted preemie cap is from a shop called Garden City Stitches in Garden City, NY, but when I googled it to find the pattern online, it has gone out of business. There are lots of free preemie patterns for both knit and crochet. The ones I knit fit an American Girl doll, so probably any pattern for her would fit also.

Ruth Ann

Posts: 1634 | Location: MA | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
lionpride I have not picked out a project for the new yarn yet but am dying to do something with it so the afghan might get put aside just so I can do something with the new yarn. lol

HAGD all

Posts: 576 | Location: Brookings, SD | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post