Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Filet crochet Sign In/Join 
posted
Has anyone ever made their own chart? I want to take a cross stitch chart and use that as the pattern. How do I figure out the starting chain row as to how many to chain to fit the pattern and have extra for the sides and ends. Hope some one can let me know. Thanks for any info you can offer.

Be happy Be safe

Posts: 1063 | Location: east coast | Registered: Apr 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
gonna send you to a site that will take a picture you have on machine, and make a graph of it for your use. This might help, I am not a filet fan, so can't really figger out the schematics of the pattern. If you can do this, I think that is super smart, and good luck with the project.
I think you would have to decide how big you want your project, and let that dictate how many chains are actually in each square for the filet. I didn't say that well, but usually are 2 chains in each block and 2 dc over the chains below.
I have a book how to do filet, do you understand how filet works, think you read chart from left to right, and then turn, and opposite going back? PM me and we can talk further.

http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro/

go here and see about getting a graph made, and then see how much more you can accomplish, a new experience.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wisconsingal,

Have a great day!!!!!

Shaddy

Posts: 248 | Registered: Oct 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. Yes I have done the filet work before. Just wanted to try something different. As I can't find a pattern I want to do for a doily.

Be happy Be safe

Posts: 1063 | Location: east coast | Registered: Apr 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
are you looking for something in particular? I have lots of patterns, filet included, just let me know what you are seeking, can help I am sure.

Have a great day!!!!!

Shaddy

Posts: 248 | Registered: Oct 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of peppermintpattitotherescue
posted Hide Post
Hello Ice Cream,
Have you tried the old crochet magazine Magic Crochet, they always had such beautiful doilies.

Save Planet Earth, it is the only Planet with chocolate!!

Posts: 994 | Location: Camarillo, California | Registered: Mar 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to both of you for your offers and ideas. Really don't know what I want to do. Just have to keep looking until something hits me in the head and that will be the one I guess.

Be happy Be safe

posted Hide Post
Have you looked at Ravelry.com? Great site for patterns of everything!

Posts: 626 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sdmarie no forgot them will check them out. thanks

Be happy Be safe

Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
As I scan the Annie's books, I'm looking for vests...none yet.

Posts: 17255 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post