Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what is this? Sign In/Join 
Picture of lady of shallot
posted
I have a lot of things which I can not remember acquiring. Maybe because I used to attend so many auctions and buy box lots.

This is one thing whose purpose I do not know, although I can make an educated guess. On the lip of the insert (where the handle is) it says: The IR comb company, Goodyear 1851.

Posts: 13080 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The plunger screws into the cylindrical tube and there appears to be a stopper thing.

posted Hide Post
The end of the unit has a series of holes. For dispensing water or what?

I think it would be for a medical, maybe gynecological purpose.

Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Have you thought about animal, as in maybe horse or cow???

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 5116 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Indexlady
posted Hide Post
The only thing I could find that is similar is at this link....

http://odysseysvirtualmuseum.c...Hygienic-Douche.html

Posts: 4617 | Location: In the beautiful Tennessee Valley, between the Cumberland Plateau and the Great Smoky Mountains. | Registered: Jul 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, Index lady there it is! Kind of what I thought but wasn't sure. Now I will have to research the wreak!

Thank you! I had an inkling you would know!

posted Hide Post
LOS, now that you know, what do you intend to do with the thing? Or just let it collect dust.

Posts: 3162 | Location: Michigan and sw Florida | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Indexlady
posted Hide Post
No need to post a selfie demonstrating its use. Ha!!!

Posts: 4617 | Location: In the beautiful Tennessee Valley, between the Cumberland Plateau and the Great Smoky Mountains. | Registered: Jul 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would make a unique conversation piece if one were bold enough to display it in their home.

Posts: 3162 | Location: Michigan and sw Florida | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Indexlady:
No need to post a selfie demonstrating its use. Ha!!!

LOL Please don't let it fall into the hands of a 16 year old girl or a demonstration selfie will show up!

Posts: 17371 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just told my DD about this item and she suggested I try to sell it. There is a business in Maine that sells old medical supplies. Guess I could try them. I don't want it but it does date from the Civil war period.