Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   Antiques & Collectibles
  I need help figuring out how much this is worth?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need help figuring out how much this is worth? Sign In/Join 
posted
Just wondering if anyone is familiar with this sculpture by Picasso? It was introduced in 1967 in front of the Daley bulding in Chicago. I have only been able to find a few on the internet but the prices seem to be from anywhere from 50-3500. Some of them say replica on them, this one however, does not. I believe this may be one of the originals? Any info you can give me would be appreciated--I found this in a flat of things I bought at an auction for $20.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The back

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
Hi! I'm from Chicago. That's a replica of the Picasso sculpture they erected years back. You could buy them all over. I have a smaller one for a keepsake. Not worth much that I know of. I also have an original brick from State Street that they sold off years back when they took up the cobblestone. It's probably not worth much either-lol!

Pam

Posts: 5818 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
replica of the Picasso sculpture

I believe its a replica.. Picasso was the first such major public artwork in Downtown Chicago, and has become a well known landmark.

-- Aljur Abby
Blue Hand Home

Posts: 19 | Registered: Feb 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Make me wanna watch "The Blues Brothers"... statue in scene near end!

Posts: 5634 | Location: mount holly, NJ, USA | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post