Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   Antiques & Collectibles
  what IS THIS WEIRD MAKER MARKS OF ANTIQUE VASE
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what IS THIS WEIRD MAKER MARKS OF ANTIQUE VASE Sign In/Join 
posted
I HAVE AN OLD ANTIQUE (GRANDMOTHER'S CIRCA 1910) vase and the marks on the bottom baffle me!

Who do you think made it and might it be valuable?

HOW do you add a picture? Symbols are printed lower case a with straight line on a-then @ sign then Y. that's all!

Posts: 1708 | Location: Allentown PA USA | Registered: Oct 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
might be simpler if I say--3 symbols only
straight line with a circle on left side also looking like a lower case a @ Y are the only symbols!

HOW do you put picture on this site?

Posts: 1708 | Location: Allentown PA USA | Registered: Oct 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Click the reply button with the blue arrow.
Then click Add Attachment.
Then Browse.
Find the photo on your computer and add it...it has to be 150 kbs or less...you can change that in MS Paint.
Then Post Now.

Posts: 17040 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post