Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   Antiques & Collectibles
  Thinking of buying this cabinet...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thinking of buying this cabinet... Sign In/Join 
Picture of KG in CA
posted
I have no idea of how high to go, and I have a low limit of course...

Yawman and Erbe
decent condition,27 drawers, had 3 sections+top & bottom piece.

opinions????

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KG in CA,

Summers are just this side of hell, but you don't have to shovel sunshine...

Click on the left to show albums
http://s76.photobucket.com/use...brary/?sort=3&page=1

Posts: 7488 | Location: Highland, CA Zone 9b  | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pinecone476
posted Hide Post
DD does a Google search and looks at craig's list with her smart phone. (I have a dumb phone so that is not an option for me). Love the looks and think of the quilty things that could hold! Keep us posted.

piney

Posts: 3177 | Location: New England, U.S.A. | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nikintx
posted Hide Post
I would kill for something like this. Go to Ebay and put in Oak Library cabinet and you will get a sense of the values. Try to get the cabinet as cheaply as possible and don't forget it will take two husky movers to get it to your house. Good Luck....Lucky you!

Posts: 46 | Location: Gilmer, Texas, USA | Registered: May 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post

Posts: 16917 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KG in CA
posted Hide Post
Yes, I did have the winning bid, and I spent some time making sure it was clean before we left on a short vacation. I haven't decided were where it will sit.

Posts: 7488 | Location: Highland, CA Zone 9b  | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
OMG! What a fabulous find - lucky you!

"She said she usually cried at least one each day, not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short"

www.CQnickilee.blogspot.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/crazyladie/sets/
www.RavioleeDreams.Etsy.com - LOTS OF PRETTIES - 4/2014

Posts: 10253 | Location: In the Crazy land of Crazy Quilting, MA | Registered: Dec 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Oh wow!
Now all you need is an old card catalog cabinet from a library!!! Wink

Our county clerk's office has something similar to the tall cabinet. The drawer's hold 8 1/2 x 11" legal forms perfectly. I wonder if that is the original purpose of yours. Is the other a map cabinet?

Posts: 16917 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KG in CA
posted Hide Post
"Now all you need is an old card catalog cabinet from a library!!!"

I've got that one covered too, Sherry, up in the sewing room. You peeked! Cool

The drawers are about 9x13. It came from a private home - maybe the DH was an attorney?

The smaller cabinet is from a law office where my Mom worked. The drawers are divided in half to hold legal sized paper.