Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Antique Table help! Sign In/Join 
posted
Our family came across a table my late grandmother received from her uncle. Story as I know it he purchased the table while living in Sweden in 1941 for $2500 from a Jewish family fleeing Germany. We have extensively researched the Internet and library archives and still unable to learn more about the piece mainly to adequately insure the table as it is beautiful and seems to be quite rare.
I am only able to attach the tabletop image but as you can plainly see the inlay is very detailed with either gold or brass( my suspicion is brass) the legs are five hours heads and their from legs with the inlay continued throughout the piece. Any help to find the right people to help appraise the table and also it would be fun to learn more about such a wonderful piece!

Table top

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hammerhugger
posted Hide Post
Wish I could help but that probably should be appraised by a professional. It is quite unique.

My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds.
--Mel Weldon

Posts: 5561 | Location: Arizona, in the valley | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post