Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   Antiques & Collectibles
  What is this glassware? Gold brushed? Age? Worth?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is this glassware? Gold brushed? Age? Worth? Sign In/Join 
posted
Manufacture? Age? Worth? My mother says it is at least 80 years old or older. Maybe gold brushed on the side? Info?

glassware

Posts: 4 | Registered: May 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very pretty Is it carnival glass?

love life

Posts: 1428 | Location: omaha, ne U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Maybe "goofus" glass? But most goofus glass that I've seen have other colors painted on.

Posts: 16498 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is the pitcher. It is a whole set. no markings.

pitcher

posted Hide Post
ANother look at the bowl

bowl 2

Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post

Posts: 16498 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hammerhugger
posted Hide Post
I thought at first the bowl looked like gold mercury glass but the pitcher does not look like it unless it is in terrific shape. I have a couple of gold mercury glass vases and they look similar.

My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds.
--Mel Weldon

Posts: 5561 | Location: Arizona, in the valley | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are all the same. It has 5 glasses and 5 cups or tea cups that go with it too, all the same brushed gold color. The pitcher is the same color as the bowl, i think the lighting was a bit different. I have no idea how old it is but it is at least 80 or more years. It was my grandmothers Aunt. So it could be turn of the century.

Picture of Hammerhugger
posted Hide Post
Does it have any markings on it? On Antique Roadshow, they showed some Tiffany that looked like that that was called "Favrile glass".

My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds.
--Mel Weldon

Posts: 5561 | Location: Arizona, in the valley | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post