Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Holiday Crafts
  Some Easter crafts I made
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some Easter crafts I made Sign In/Join 
posted
Here are a few Easter crafts that I have made this year in the past few weeks. . Some of the ideas came from this forum, but I don't remember which ones so I apologize if I am duplicating a link. First is these sock chicks. I saw different versions of these on pinterest. I made the little one by just taking a leftover piece of stock and whip stitching all of the sides together, other than the little one, they don't involve any sewing.

Nicole

Sock chicks

Posts: 272 | Registered: Jan 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Next is sock bunnies. I found the directions for those on this website.

http://www.favecrafts.com/Easter/Sock-Bunny/ml/1

Nicole

Sock bunnies

posted Hide Post
Then some eggs and washcloth bunnies. The washcloth guys were so simple to make. There are directions to make a chick too, but I ran out of
Washcloths.

The jelly bean guy is a plastic egg and I hot glued jelly beans to it. I sprayed it with clear coat to preserve the jelly beans. And for the beaded egg, I just hot glued Marci gras beads to a plastic egg.

Washcloth bunnies and chicks link
http://own-two-hands.livejournal.com/46859.html

Nicole

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nicole R,

Washcloth bunnies and eggs

posted Hide Post
These two I am very proud of because this is my second attempt at hand sewing. The yellow guy is a craft I saw on pinterest and thought there were directions, but it turned out just to be a picture. So I made the pattern myself. I drew everything ( which surprised me because I never could draw at all.) except the oval I used for the body which I printed out from the computer. I then did a zig zag stitch around the outside with the pieces in place. And I saw the chick in a website and he has a full tutorial, I used furry felt for his body and a pipe cleaner for his legs. They took forever to make, but I think they were worth it in the end. And now a new addiction to sewing is born.

Link for chick with tutorial:
http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf72582465.tip.html

Link to picture of yellow rooster chick
http://www.craftideas.info/ass...lower_Pot_Sitter.jpg

I would be happy to post the pattern I used for the yellow guy in case anyone wants to use it if you could tell me how to post it here.

Nicole

Sewn chicks

posted Hide Post
The bunny is a plastic egg I covered in fabric using mod podge. It is very difficult to get the egg covered smoothly. I tried cutting the fabric into six pieces and it did not want to stay on. So then I tried cutting slits I into both ends of a piece of fabric and that seemed to stick better, but it still did not come out very smooth. It came from this website, but I didn't have any styrofoam eggs so That is why I was using a plastic egg. The felt peep was posted on here.

Fabric covered bunny- I think this was in another post here http://www.favecrafts.com/Easter/Egg-Fabric-Bunnies

Nicole

Felt peep and fabric covered egg

posted Hide Post
These last few guys I made for a friend for their year round tree. The little Pom Pom guys came in a kit I bought at michaels, but they would not be hard to make without the kit.

Nicole

Pom Pom guys

posted Hide Post
And The styrofoam bunnies are so cute. I just love their ears. I found the directions to make them at the website below.
http://easypreschoolcraft.blog...foam-ball-craft.html

Nicole

Styrofoam bunnies

posted Hide Post
So cute. TFS

Posts: 350 | Location: Davie Fl | Registered: May 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nicole, you did a really good job. They're so cute. Keep crafting and TFS Liz

Posts: 965 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: Aug 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kraftylady23
posted Hide Post
Really cute.
DJ

djcreationsonline.com

Posts: 2763 | Registered: Mar 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KG in CA
posted Hide Post
They are sooooo cute!!! TFS!

Summers are just this side of hell, but you don't have to shovel sunshine...

Click on the left to show albums
http://s76.photobucket.com/use...brary/?sort=3&page=1

Posts: 7548 | Location: Highland, CA Zone 9b  | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have been a very busy girl! All of them are so cute! You have done a wonderful job making them!

Posts: 6790 | Registered: Jan 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a wonderful batch of Easter goodies you have made. Very cute TFS

Posts: 2395 | Location: southern IL | Registered: Feb 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for all of the wonderful and sweet and nice comments and for posting such great ideas on here so that I could make them. I have made a few more and am in the process of finishing a few too, but I need to get pictures of them. I am really bad about taking pictures of them. But I am really glad you liked them!

Nicole

posted Hide Post
They are all so cute. TFS

Posts: 699 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of surfing
posted Hide Post
You have been a very busy person. They are all so cute.

Ginny

Posts: 1964 | Location: Upstate New York | Registered: Jan 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of treee
posted Hide Post
I loved every that you made. can tell you've been busy. thanks for sharing.

Posts: 662 | Registered: Sep 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just noticed these last few comments and wanted to say thank you all so much! I really appreciate all of the wonderful responses and I am so glad that I found this board. I love all of the ideas posted, seeing what other people have made and receiving such positive and nice responses when I post crafts I have made or ask for help!

Nicole R.