Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Holiday Crafts
  Painted Floral Journal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Painted Floral Journal Sign In/Join 
Picture of kraftylady23
posted
Here is a journal that I painted in watercolors. I just love these colors together. I used the new roller stamp from Fiskars for the music notes. Not sure I am a fan of them yet as one of the stamps already split down the middle while rolling. :>(
Thanks for looking.
DJ

djcreationsonline.com

Posts: 2697 | Registered: Mar 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rainee
posted Hide Post
Very pretty. Did you use ink or paint for the stamping?

"Welcome to reality would you like some popcorn?"

Posts: 3186 | Location: The Emerald City, WA | Registered: Apr 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is pretty! TFS Liz

Posts: 932 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: Aug 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kraftylady23
posted Hide Post
The music background is stamped with the new roller stamps from Fiskars. The flower is a pattern I made and then drew around it with a permanent marker.
Thanks for the compliment.
DJ

djcreationsonline.com

Picture of rainee
posted Hide Post
These projects did remind me that I have several roller stamps from Fiskars for my brayer that I bought many years ago. I may have to go dig them out!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rainee,

Posts: 3186 | Location: The Emerald City, WA | Registered: Apr 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love it. I was thinking of getting some of those roller stamps, but if it split on you, maybe I should rethink that...

Posts: 2315 | Location: md | Registered: Oct 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rainee
posted Hide Post
What are the newer roller stamps made of? I have several of the old ones they made for your brayer and they are made of the same rubber as a rubber stamp and actually somewhat heavy. I used mine a lot when I first got them but haven't used them for a while. They are still in excellent condition which is amazing after all of these years because rubber stamps do tend to dry out.

The beauty of the brayer rollers is that I can use ink or paint.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rainee,

Picture of kraftylady23
posted Hide Post
Update, received an email from Fiskars today and they are going to replace the stamp. Yea, after looking at the stamp really close I noticed the holes in the end of the stamp were punched in too far which was causing the stamp to pull too tightly on the roller. Fiskars stated it was just a bad stamp and I should not leave the stamp on the roller for a long period of time. I guess I will have to be more mindful. Glad that they are replacing it though.

djcreationsonline.com

Picture of KansasRetiree
posted Hide Post
DJ,
Your journal is fantastic!
Kathleen

Takin it easy...

Posts: 1821 | Location: Kansas | Registered: Dec 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love the music notes with the flowers!

Posts: 6368 | Registered: Jan 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
It's gorgeous! Thanks for sharing
Penny

Today, Tomorrow and always!

If you see someone without a smile...give them one of yours!

Posts: 4569 | Location: Ontario | Registered: Oct 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
You do beautiful work! I am a lurker here once in awhile but couldn't help but comment.

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2297 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Carolinapig
posted Hide Post
This is just gorgeous!

Posts: 1387 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
It's really neat !

Posts: 4296 | Location: N.Y., USA | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post