Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Holiday Crafts
  Wedding Bouquet Made from Brooches
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wedding Bouquet Made from Brooches Sign In/Join 
Picture of Carolinapig
posted
Several years ago, Martha made a brooch bouquet for her daughter's wedding. I loved it so much, that when my daughter's boyfriend proposed, I showed her a picture and we decided to make one for her. She put the word out on Facebook and family and friends sent her brooches. Over the year, we received 119 brooches and jewelry pieces. I included them all in her bouquet. She was married on May 25 in Las Vegas. The bouquet was gorgeous.

Posts: 1389 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Carolinapig
posted Hide Post
I also made the boutonnieres from rose brooches. This is the groom's, made from a sterling silver rose brooch. The fathers and groomsmen had purple rose brooches. The mother wore silver/rhinestone brooches presented to them from the bride.

Posts: 1389 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NC HillBilly
posted Hide Post
Oh, my goodness, Carolina, these are beautiful!! I am sure that is one bouquet that the bride didn't throw, it is a keeper!! The boutonniere is lovely, and also a keeper!

Pattyo

Posts: 1428 | Location: Dobson, North Carolina | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
Lovely Carolina. What a keeper and I'm sure they were all beautiful.

Jean

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 10025 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just beautiful, and oh what a keep-sake
Connie

Posts: 325 | Location: Ray, Michigan USA | Registered: Oct 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Robin5
posted Hide Post
That is so beautiful! When my daughter was getting married 2 years ago we wanted to make one also. We hunted flea markets and vintage shops. It quickly became apparent that price was going to be a huge issue for the number that we needed...
I never thought of simply asking friends and family to pass on brooches. I am sure they were thrilled to be part of her day in such a special way!

Posts: 327 | Registered: Mar 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
That was just too original and pretty! Perfect for a Vegas wedding... Chris

Posts: 6075 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
I saw one like this at a wedding recently — the bride carried it at the rehearsal. Her grandmothers had collected all of the brooches for her.

Some beautiful work there. Now we can all start hunting in thrift stores for those little beauties.

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6635 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
one word "BEAUTIFUL"

Patsy

Posts: 3489 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Love it, just beautiful

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 761 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Carolinapig
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much, ladies. It was a lot of work, but fun to make and see it come to life.

posted Hide Post
I too saw this several years ago and loved it. When we went thru moms things my sisters let me have all the old broach's and pins but there will not be enough to do the bouquet for my DD when the time comes, I never thought of sending out a call to all the friends and relatives. What a great idea! Thanks for the brainstorm.

Oh, You did a great job, it looks great and I am sure she will treasure it forever.

Posts: 978 | Location: Kansas | Registered: Oct 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Carolinapig
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Carol. I hope you are able to make one for your daughter, too. We are a very sentimental family. My daughter kept a scrapbook and has a photo of each brooch, who sent it, and the special note if they enclosed one. The scrapbook is amazing in itself.

posted Hide Post
How beautiful!

Posts: 6589 | Registered: Jan 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
It's beautiful ! My dear friends daughter in law is doing the same thing. We are all giving her brooches at the shower. I am so glad I got to see this.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AuntJo,

Posts: 4327 | Location: N.Y., USA | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a greyt idea, such beautiful brooches with so many memories.

God nevers give you more than you can accept, wish he did not have so much faith in me

Posts: 142 | Registered: Jan 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Carolinapig
posted Hide Post
Thanks again, ladies. Receiving brooches at the bridal shower....what a great idea! I know my daughter treasures each and every one she received. She also made a scrapbook of photos of each brooch, and the special note enclosed with the brooch.

Picture of Hellen K
posted Hide Post
Really gorgeous! I love your idea, it's meaningful and creative!

Posts: 67 | Registered: Jun 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aunt Diane
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Snowman Tree: byPaintlady34
Password: snowmantree

http://s1229.photobucket.com/a...69/Craftingfriends1/

Posts: 7484 | Registered: Jan 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow what beautiful memories! Thanks for the pic.

Carlene

Posts: 1623 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post