Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Holiday Crafts
  I am not sleeping...just turbo-crafting!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am not sleeping...just turbo-crafting! Sign In/Join 
Picture of Debi O'
posted
Hey guys - I know, I know...been awhile. I thought I'd squeeze in some HGTV time. I do miss you guys, I really do.

I am trying to go out of 2013 with a bang for craft shows. I am back to painting again - getting lots done too. Well at least I am clearing out sections of my craft room at a time. (lol) If only I could stay off Pinterest. I got a new camera last year & have yet to learn all of the features. It's on my list of things to do. Plus use up as much of my craft supplies that I can. And I am pleasantly surprised that I have managed to do just that. I was gifted some really nice craft supplies & it brought me great pleasure to finally get them incorporated with my crafts for this year.

I need to come up with some new crafts to offer this season. So what's popular besides burlap? I sold a ton of chocolate felt bunnies this past Spring. Still have maybe 10 left to finish up. I am starting on elf shoes using green felt. Then I am going to work on some red felt ideas.

I am not working on redneck wine glasses or red solo cups. They managed to get saturated this past year. I do have a case left of mason jars but I think I am going to use them for canning next year. (when I retire...hahahaha)

Anyways-been enjoying my grandson this summer. I can't wait for my lil Sophie to get to that age. Did I mention I am pinning American Doll & Barbie & baby doll clothes & furniture? Ok---another "add to my list" thing.

I'll try to get back when I can. I miss you guys!

as always,

Debi O'

Crafting does the heart good.

Posts: 7814 | Location: Arlington, TX USA | Registered: Oct 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow sounds like you've been busy. Good luck with your craft shows this yr. When do they start?

Carlene

Posts: 1610 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nmagnera
posted Hide Post
Debi, I have always loved following your wonderful crafting. I bought a couple of light bulbs from you many years ago for my son. They were pigs (as he has been collecting pigs since he was little) and he loves hanging them on his Christmas tree each year. Would love to know how to find you on Pinterest so I can follow you. Thanks again for all your talents.

Posts: 60 | Location: St. George, Utah | Registered: Apr 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Debi O'
posted Hide Post
awh, thanks for the compliment on the pigs. I have put the pigs on the back burner. Hmmm - guess I had better bring them out. Geeee I am becoming overwhelmed with stuff I need to get busy on.

Thanks again. Made my day!

as always,

Debi O'

Crafting does the heart good.

Posts: 7814 | Location: Arlington, TX USA | Registered: Oct 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
I'm so jealous. I'm not sleeping well either but can't get motivated to finish much of anything.

Use that new camera to snap all sorts of pics - flowers, shrubs, trees, nature walks, animals, etc.. Then find a favorite photo website and collage the different pics into notecards or personalized insert tags. It's a great way to play with your camera and come away with showing off your creativity...

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 480 | Location: Aurora, Illinois | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
Deb I just finished base coating light bulb today. I think I've done..oh...well...10 dozen or more. LOL Eat, sleep, think light bulbs. Grinch for sure AGAIN...I can do them in my sleep. Must have done a thousand or more since they came out. LOL Gourds ect but even with what I'm doing you sound 10xs busier~LOL Good luck on all your shows. Any " new " light bulbs you want to share? wink wink nudge nudge. LOL
Penny

Today, Tomorrow and always!

If you see someone without a smile...give them one of yours!

Posts: 4570 | Location: Ontario | Registered: Oct 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post