Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Holiday Crafts
  A Vintage Button Necklace I put together
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Vintage Button Necklace I put together Sign In/Join 
Picture of KarenMO
posted
Several years ago I picked up some vintage buttons at some antiques stores. At the time, I made button pins from them. Last week, I saw this idea on Pinterest, and set about making one for myself. Now, I have a number of little "piles" of buttons all over my craft room, just waiting to become necklaces!

Posts: 1305 | Location: Hallsville,MO, USA | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Catwmn27
posted Hide Post
Very, very pretty!!!!

Posts: 165 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kraftylady23
posted Hide Post
Oh that is way cute, I love the polka dot buttons and can see this with any black or red sweater. Love it.
DJ

djcreationsonline.com

Posts: 2698 | Registered: Mar 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How cute!

Posts: 2315 | Location: md | Registered: Oct 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sadisu
posted Hide Post
I love it, I bought a necklace with all these odd pieces hooked together, my favorite and want to make more, great idea buttons, how did you hook them together. Joan

Here is a link for an awesome one I want to try.

http://pinterest.com/pin/516014069775048532/

Stay Calm crochet on

Posts: 105 | Location: Arizona | Registered: Feb 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love that and thanks for sharing. I love buttons and have several button boxes from grandma and mom

Posts: 2351 | Location: southern IL | Registered: Feb 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KarenMO
posted Hide Post
Sadisu, I used 22 gauge wire to attach the buttons. Some of the top buttons are also glued on. I love the one your provided from Pinterest. It looks as though the big flower is maybe an old pin, and other objects. I love it! Be sure to let us see it if you make one! I added the polka dots to the black buttons, using white acrylic paint.

Posts: 1305 | Location: Hallsville,MO, USA | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a cute necklace! I love how you have some of the buttons doubled.

Posts: 6368 | Registered: Jan 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
SWEET!!!

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8875 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
Cute!

Erma

Smile Craft Happens! Smile

Posts: 3117 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post