Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Holiday Crafts
  My bear gourd lamp
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My bear gourd lamp Sign In/Join 
Picture of Penmac
posted
I just finished this piece for a customer who had purchased my snowman gourd lamp and wanted something that she could leave out all year round. She picked a bear and this is what I came up with. I hope she likes him? He lights up like a pot belly stove! Have not put in light yet. I think I will also add a ribbon or something? Any suggestions?

Sorry I've been MIA..work in a greenhouse and this is truly our GO GO GO time of year!
Miss you all
Penny

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Penmac,

Today, Tomorrow and always!

If you see someone without a smile...give them one of yours!

bear lamp

Posts: 4569 | Location: Ontario | Registered: Oct 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
Thought I would add the snowman lamp as well for those who had not seen it. So many new faces!
Penny

snowman lamp

Posts: 4569 | Location: Ontario | Registered: Oct 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are both just too cute!

Posts: 2315 | Location: md | Registered: Oct 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
OMG Penny. I love them. Too cute. How tall are they?

Jean

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 9960 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
Jean the bear is just over 22" high and 44" round and the snowman was 30" tall. Both were a hoot to make and this was my first time doing a bear. My son said it looks like " Baby Bear " on Sesame Street. He would know, it was his favourite show when he was small ( now 28 ) and his son's fav now!
Penny

Picture of rainee
posted Hide Post
Those are adorable!

"Welcome to reality would you like some popcorn?"

Posts: 3184 | Location: The Emerald City, WA | Registered: Apr 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How neat ! You did a great job on both and I think the "pot belly stove " look is so cute . TFS

Posts: 2349 | Location: southern IL | Registered: Feb 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paintlady34
posted Hide Post
Those are just so darn cute. I especially love the snowman one but also like the bear one. What are the arms made of ? You did a wonderful job and I know the lady will love them.

Linda

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
http://stepbystepcrafting.blogspot.com/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Snowman tree and wire box snowman by Paintlady34
password===snowmantree

password- snowmantree

http://s1229.photobucket.com/a...69/Craftingfriends1/

Posts: 3315 | Location: Iowa | Registered: Dec 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bowlrmom
posted Hide Post
Wow Penny ... these are the cutest gourds I've ever seen! You always do such wonderful work. Wish I had access to gourds, I need a new painting project since I can't make pavers any more. Welcome back!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bowlrmom,

Posts: 370 | Location: SteelerNation | Registered: Mar 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
THANK YOU everyone! Paintedlady, I used another gourd to make the arms and his nose is another gourd and so is the beehive Oh and so are the ears. LOL I always keep broken gourds or thin ones just for this kind of project.

bowlrmom...thank for the welcome back!
Penny

posted Hide Post
They both are adorable!

Posts: 6328 | Registered: Jan 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
super cute. Maybe a bow-tie from the ribbon.

Posts: 32 | Registered: Nov 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
Both are so cute! I don't think I have ever seen gourds that big. You do wonderful work.

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2297 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Carolinapig
posted Hide Post
These are so unique and just adorable!

Posts: 1387 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post