Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Holiday Crafts
  Is it too early???? to say the 'word'
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is it too early???? to say the 'word' Sign In/Join 
Picture of granny3641
posted
You know...Christmas. lol And I hope this does NOT show up on you know who's site, either one of them. Or I will really raze 'cain'.

This deco tree (and tomato cage) was posted on pinterest and I've not done it, but really look cool. Check it out.

http://blog.mardigrasoutlet.co...-tree-made-with.html

Jean

This message has been edited. Last edited by: granny3641,

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rainee
posted Hide Post
Jean, it's NEVER too early to say the 'word'. lol I'm currently working on some Christmas ornaments.

I've seen tomato cage trees before but not like that one, thanks for sharing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rainee,

"Welcome to reality would you like some popcorn?"

Posts: 3186 | Location: The Emerald City, WA | Registered: Apr 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kjohns
posted Hide Post
That is way cool. i love Deco mesh.
And then I got lost in their website.LOL!!

Kathy in NE

Posts: 363 | Location: Lamar, NE USA | Registered: Mar 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kraftylady23
posted Hide Post
No not too early for me either. I basecoated 35 ornaments last week.
Cute tree.
DJ

djcreationsonline.com

Posts: 2698 | Registered: Mar 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paintlady34
posted Hide Post
Never too early for christmas. I work on that stuff all year long so am always looking for new and easy ideas. Thank you for sharing this one., I might just try it.

Linda

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
http://stepbystepcrafting.blogspot.com/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Snowman tree and wire box snowman by Paintlady34
password===snowmantree

password- snowmantree

http://s1229.photobucket.com/a...69/Craftingfriends1/

Posts: 3315 | Location: Iowa | Registered: Dec 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Christmas is wonderful any time of year. Who doesn't love Christmas ????? So share any ideas, photos etc .

Posts: 2351 | Location: southern IL | Registered: Feb 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Debi O'
posted Hide Post
I am trying to edge the "less than six months" during my summer Saturdays at the farmers market. Although I don't have my Christmas stuff ready, I can at least offer my oven aprons.

I too, am looking for the "new" item to add this year. Hope I have the supplies on hand. Trying to use up what I have.

Anyways - I am with y'all - we gotta get busy! (lol)

as always,

Debi O'

Crafting does the heart good.

Posts: 7814 | Location: Arlington, TX USA | Registered: Oct 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KarenMO
posted Hide Post
Jean, it is not too early for Christmas, and I love the tomato cage trees. I do have a question about the mesh; do any of you know if this mesh fabric fades in the sun? I have a 4th of July wreath that is star shaped, and it originally came with the garland that has metallic little red, white, and blue stars on it. I would have thought it would last forever, but every year since I've had the wreath, I've had to re-cover this wreath with several more packages of various garland, and every year, it fades, including this year! So, I've been thinking I might use this plastic mesh to cover the wreath next year, but now that I see that it's made of plastic, I'm wondering if it might fade also! Again, love the trees! TFS

Posts: 1305 | Location: Hallsville,MO, USA | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cute. I agree it is never to early for Christmas, I have already signed up to do Christmas shows.

Posts: 116 | Location: Los Angeles, Calif USA | Registered: Aug 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just finished 15 gourd ornaments... never to early...actually i don't think it ever stops!!! LOL
Melinda

Posts: 227 | Registered: Nov 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DJ, can you show us a picture of the the base-coated ornaments you did last week. Or are you just getting started?

I am ready to work on Christmas too as soon as company leaves. Then as soon as we get back from Camping.

Posts: 226 | Registered: Sep 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
Christmas is the BEST time of year and I've been working on several ideas for this year. As soon as I'm done, I'm sharing! I would also welcome any new ideas. Gotta keep us all busy!
Penny

Today, Tomorrow and always!

If you see someone without a smile...give them one of yours!

Posts: 4569 | Location: Ontario | Registered: Oct 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post