Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Holiday Crafts
  T-shirt update
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

T-shirt update Sign In/Join 
Picture of KarenMO
posted
I am a woman "of a certain age", who lost 60 pounds about 2 years ago, and my upper arms that used to be filled with fat, now are not, so my upper arms flap. I like to call them angel wings! In an effort to be able to continue wearing said T-shirts, I added double sleeves to each shirt, and here are the pictures. What do you think?

Posts: 1306 | Location: Hallsville,MO, USA | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KarenMO
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1306 | Location: Hallsville,MO, USA | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KarenMO
posted Hide Post

Picture of KarenMO
posted Hide Post

Picture of KarenMO
posted Hide Post

Picture of KarenMO
posted Hide Post

Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
Great idea!! congrats on the great weight loss!!!!

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8875 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that is a wonderful idea and it looks great. Good for you on the weight loss, You should be very proud of yourself.

Posts: 664 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this. I to have lost a lot of weight in the past few years and I know the " Angel Wings " ( From now on this is what I will call them too ) I have done a lot of stuff to get rid of them but...sigh. Your t-shirt idea is awesome. I wish I could sew? I would do this to everything I own. LOL Thanks for sharing and THANK YOU for your wonderful words angel wings!
Penny

Today, Tomorrow and always!

If you see someone without a smile...give them one of yours!

Posts: 4569 | Location: Ontario | Registered: Oct 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
Wonderful idea.!!!!! You might even buy some extra wide lace and use that on dressier t-shirts. The shirts look good.

Jean

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 9962 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just AWESOME!!!!!

Posts: 3754 | Registered: Oct 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of farmerswife
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the weight loss. Great idea extending the sleeve length. After seeing this, another idea came to mind. Maybe you could use fabric for the added length, and adding a matching collar for a layered look.

Posts: 1894 | Location: Indiana | Registered: Oct 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rainee
posted Hide Post
These look great! and congrats on your weight loss!!!

"Welcome to reality would you like some popcorn?"

Posts: 3186 | Location: The Emerald City, WA | Registered: Apr 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that is a great idea and your remake looks great and right in style. I will have to remember this . TFS all your creations
GOOD FOR YOU on the weight loss. I am trying to lose and it isn't fun or very fast. I admire you

Posts: 2351 | Location: southern IL | Registered: Feb 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a great idea!! Thanks for sharing it! I've got angel wings and I havent lost any weight just old age!!! II hate wearing sleevless because of them.
Contrats on your weight lose!! Way to go!!

Carlene

Posts: 1379 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KarenMO
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your kind words, and I like some of your ideas about lace and fabric!