Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Holiday Crafts
  Small kitchen vignette
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Small kitchen vignette Sign In/Join 
Picture of Aunt Diane
posted
Promised myself that I would get busy this season and finish some of the projects that have been waiting a very long time for me to finish. This is a small Christmas scene that I put together for my Brother and his Wife. My brother loves to cook and bake...and now as we get older he is looking VERY much like Santa...LOL.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Aunt Diane,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Snowman Tree: byPaintlady34
Password: snowmantree

http://s1229.photobucket.com/a...69/Craftingfriends1/

Posts: 7484 | Registered: Jan 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aunt Diane
posted Hide Post
The basket is from Walmart (the baskets are nice quality and a pretty good price), the tree from dollar store and the other stuff was purchased after Christmas on sale from Michael's and Joann's.
Under the scene is a large block of Oasis that I tied down to the basket with pipecleaners. Then I either glued the item or I used skewers glued to the item and then inserted into oasis to hold item secure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Snowman Tree: byPaintlady34
Password: snowmantree

http://s1229.photobucket.com/a...69/Craftingfriends1/

Posts: 7484 | Registered: Jan 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary J
posted Hide Post
Very cute!!! Thanks for sharing. Smile

Posts: 5198 | Location: Cornfields of Indiana | Registered: Sep 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
Love how it looks Diane. Good job. I know he'll love it.

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 10034 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
Love it! Very nice gift.

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2315 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
OMGosh I want this! My address is...LOL Diane you did an awesome job. Love it, love it, love it! Santa looks exactly like my Uncle Jerry. We have called him Uncle Ho Ho for years. TFS
Penny

Today, Tomorrow and always!

If you see someone without a smile...give them one of yours!

Posts: 4573 | Location: Ontario | Registered: Oct 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KG in CA
posted Hide Post
You did a wonderful job on that!! I'll get in line for wanting one too!

Summers are just this side of hell, but you don't have to shovel sunshine...

Click on the left to show albums
http://s76.photobucket.com/use...brary/?sort=3&page=1

Posts: 7516 | Location: Highland, CA Zone 9b  | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Diane, you did a wonderful job making this and I know your brother will love this. I love doing little vignettes also and really love this one.
Thanks for sharing it with us.

Posts: 2371 | Location: southern IL | Registered: Feb 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Such a wonderful gift! You did a great job on it. They will be thrilled!

Posts: 6611 | Registered: Jan 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post