Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Holiday Crafts
  Wristlets and key fob sets
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wristlets and key fob sets Sign In/Join 
posted
Just checking in, again!

I found some key fob hardware in my stash that I bought a few years ago, so I decided it was way past time that I used them up!

I started out making key fobs, and have sold quite a few of them, but decided I would expand the idea into a wristlet with matching key fob.

Blue checked set

Posts: 9 | Registered: Feb 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yellow with polka dots

Yellow polka dot set

posted Hide Post
Black floral set with "rhinestone" ribbon

Sorry for the poor picture quality, but my camera is out of commission and I had to take pics with my cellphone.

Black floral set

posted Hide Post
Those are cute.

Posts: 2315 | Location: md | Registered: Oct 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rainee
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

"Welcome to reality would you like some popcorn?"

Posts: 3186 | Location: The Emerald City, WA | Registered: Apr 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mooki
posted Hide Post
these are adorable!

Posts: 399 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are very nice! I bet they will be a big hit at your craft sales!

Posts: 6368 | Registered: Jan 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kraftylady23
posted Hide Post
I love these! Did you make them with a pattern?

djcreationsonline.com

Posts: 2701 | Registered: Mar 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I started out making these as an "in the hoop" machine embroidery design, but found that it's just as easy to do with my regular sewing machine, and I think that I have better control over the zipper placement and any decorative stitching.

I do use my embroidery machine to quilt the fabric (2 sections, front and back) with a quilting grid embroidery design that I found on Sew Forums. I could then monogram or personalize one of the quilted pieces. I just make the bag to the size of the quilted grid. I lay the zipper down about 3/4" from the top edge and stitch close to both edges. Then, I open up the zipper and cut a slit down the middle of the fabric behind the zipper (very important, as you will turn the bag through this opening!). Attach any ribbons or decoration that will need to be caught within the edge seams, or do any decorative stitching. Make a short tab to hold a D-ring, and place this at the end of the zipper or in the top corner with the raw edges together. With the zipper open about half-way, place the back piece of quilted fabric on top of the front piece, right sides together, and sew around the entire bag, just inside the edge of the quilting grid. Trim the edges, and serge or zigzag for a neat finish. Finish cutting the slit behind the zipper and trim off the excess fabric. Reach inside and open the zipper the rest of the way and turn. You're done!

Picture of kraftylady23
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

djcreationsonline.com

Posts: 2701 | Registered: Mar 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're welcome! I forgot to tell you that I like to use a 9" zipper, although a 7" zipper will work. Lay the zipper with both ends extending beyond the edges of the bag. After you sew around the bag, you will cut the ends of the zipper off when you trim the seam.