Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Holiday Crafts
  sharing photos of a birthday gift I made for a dear friend
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

sharing photos of a birthday gift I made for a dear friend Sign In/Join 
posted
She is sewing again and I wanted to make a little sewing jar with pincushion so put this together for her. I reprinted some printables ( after down sizing them) to fill her jar and I think my favorite is the little needle holder packet. All the things inside are 3" or less tall so they fit the jar. Hope you enjoy looking. I love seeing all the crafts made here so want to share some too.

Posts: 2369 | Location: southern IL | Registered: Feb 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
here are some of the things I put in the jar

Posts: 2369 | Location: southern IL | Registered: Feb 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a good idea. Gives me some food for thought for myself. TFS Liz

Posts: 958 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: Aug 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just love this idea! You did a great job on it, and, thanks for sharing.

Posts: 925 | Location: southern california, usa | Registered: Nov 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of VivianS
posted Hide Post
Love the jar very much. It seem not big, but I didn't think that it could full with many items.

Posts: 25 | Registered: Jul 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The container is a 1 gallon paint can, so it holds quite a bit.

Thank you for all your nice comments.

Lynne

Posts: 925 | Location: southern california, usa | Registered: Nov 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shawneegal is a talented crafter. I was so happy to receive her birthday gift of that cute sewing jar. She also sent me some other little gifts she made for me. I am so lucky to have her as a dear friend.

Posts: 287 | Location: Davie Fl | Registered: May 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rainee
posted Hide Post
Great idea! She'll love it!

"Welcome to reality would you like some popcorn?"

Posts: 3203 | Location: The Emerald City, WA | Registered: Apr 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cute. She'll get lots of use out of it. tfs.

Carlene

Posts: 1656 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kraftylady23
posted Hide Post
great idea and well done too. I am sure your friend will love this.
DJ

djcreationsonline.com

Posts: 2750 | Registered: Mar 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post