Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Holiday Crafts
  Craft show final
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Craft show final Sign In/Join 
Picture of Penmac
posted
Well it was a success. I have so much fun at this show and when I get home I have to start all over again. A good thing for sure.

There were so many people purchasing food this year. Across from me a lady does nothing but beans. ( spill the beans is her company name ) she packages them in cellophane and recipe on how to make pea soup or hummus ect. She almost sold out. The chocolate people the same thing. Maple syrup as well. I saw a few wooden signs walking around like " man's den " you know silly sayings on wood. Potpourri was still hot. The lady beside me sold all kinds of little kids bibs and toutous (spelling? ) and YES even adult bibs. LOL Mostly sport or hunting related. The people behind me do metal yard works. They sold very well. I'm not sure this helps anyone but it kinda gives you an idea of where to start. I sold out of the stress bubbles. I think it was Eileen that posted them? Sorry if it wasn't but I'm thinking it is??? LOL I did 20 of them and sold them for $2.00 each. Thank you again for sharing! I changed the picture to just bubbles so it was for any occasion. I didn't take a picture :0(
Out of 8 dozen light bulbs I came home with just over 2 dozen. :0) Most of my gourds have gone to a good home now. I think I came home with 4 canteen and one snowman I call Whistling Willy. He was meant to live with us this winter I guess. Anyway, I have a few more shows to do so I have better get onto the business of stocking back up. Good luck everyone on your sales. Please post and let us know how your doing.
Penny

Today, Tomorrow and always!

If you see someone without a smile...give them one of yours!

bubbles

Posts: 4590 | Location: Ontario | Registered: Oct 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KG in CA
posted Hide Post
So glad to hear you had success! And now I remember the Stress Bubbles...

Summers are just this side of hell, but you don't have to shovel sunshine...

Click on the left to show albums
http://s76.photobucket.com/use...brary/?sort=3&page=1

Posts: 7519 | Location: Highland, CA Zone 9b  | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, those are my bubbles. Someome else posted first but they had a long poem so I shortened it. So glad you sold them. You could do for Christmas too with a cute graphic....or anytime really.

Eileen

Posts: 3770 | Registered: Oct 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much! I'm going to "borrow" the bubble idea, it may just be the ticket to some laughs that are needed desperately at work!!!

Posts: 1973 | Location: Northern New Jersey | Registered: Mar 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for reposting the stress bubble idea. That is such a cute idea when you need to cheer people up! I just bought a ton of bubble wrap for packaging up Christmas gifts, so I will use some of that. I love all of your gourds!! They are so neat and such an original idea. If you get a chance in between preparing for your next few shows, I would love to see a picture of the snowman gourd. Good luck on your next show!

Nicole

Posts: 236 | Registered: Jan 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
Thanks Everyone! I love this time of year for the shows and people. It's even started snowing here the past few days so it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas everywhere you go! LOL

Nicole Willy just loves being home I guess? I may make some changes to him but I will see? Not sure. Here is a picture of him.
Penny

Willy

Posts: 4590 | Location: Ontario | Registered: Oct 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad you had a good show!
Lots of work ahead for you tho.I remember thos days...
I had not seen the stress bubbles-cute!

Posts: 1041 | Location: NW Florida 8b | Registered: May 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad your show was a success! I have also found that all of the food items sell really well. I've seen them close their booths a couple of hours early because they sold out of everything.

Posts: 6630 | Registered: Jan 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wonderful news... Penny...

Melinda

Posts: 289 | Registered: Nov 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kraftylady23
posted Hide Post
Glad you had a great show and that snowman is adorable.
DJ

djcreationsonline.com

Posts: 2758 | Registered: Mar 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the snowman. He is so neat and cute!! Thanks for posting the pic. he made my day!

Nicole

Posts: 236 | Registered: Jan 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone!
Penny

Picture of DianMo
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you did well in your show, it's always good when someone does good in this day and times.
tfs Dian

Posts: 2753 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: Dec 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post