Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Holiday Crafts
  Lets show some Halloween crafts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lets show some Halloween crafts Sign In/Join 
posted
Here are some of mine and will put in separate posts since I don't think I can add more than one per post-- bear with me please
Made these years ago but still love them

Posts: 2374 | Location: southern IL | Registered: Feb 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
made these years ago

Posts: 2374 | Location: southern IL | Registered: Feb 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
think I made these last year

posted Hide Post
made at one of the craft gatherings I used to have at my house

posted Hide Post
I created this little wagon with hickory nut pumpkins many years ago

posted Hide Post
some cards I made a couple years ago

posted Hide Post
last for now-- my seasonal tree decorated for Halloween --Thanks for your patience

Picture of craftycookie
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing those, shawneegal! They're putting me in the mood for fall. I need to get painting!

Cookie

Posts: 1158 | Location: North Central AZ | Registered: Dec 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
What a great job on all of them. I would like to know how you made the fingers in the lace and hand ones. Please.

You always have a great tree.

Jean

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 10037 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad you liked seeing them and Jean, I bought the plastic witch hands at Dollar Tree. I had seen some decorated on the internet so wanted to make some also. I made a small Halloween album for a friend and incorporated a hand on the cover page. It turned out neat

Picture of treee
posted Hide Post
loved seeing all your Halloween crafts.

Posts: 658 | Registered: Sep 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Love them all but mostly I want a holiday tree! Then I can make ornies to keep!

Posts: 7414 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Evelyn, I love my little seasonal tree and sometimes I slack off about decorating it but I have Valentines, Easter, Spring, Summer, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Fall and of course Christmas decorations that I have made or collected over the years and sometimes find new things to add to it. Please get one for yourself and enjoy it as I do . I love changing the little vignette scene in front of it each time I decorate .
After Christmas is a great time to get a small tree for very little. I think mine was $3
Try it-- you'll love it

Picture of craftycookie
posted Hide Post
shawneegal, what size is your tree? I've often thought of getting one & never have. But when I see how people use them thru the year, I love how they look.

Cookie

Posts: 1158 | Location: North Central AZ | Registered: Dec 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KarenMO
posted Hide Post
I love your little tree. I have a much smaller white tree that I decorate for various holidays, and I enjoy it, but I like that yours is green. I was at hobby lobby last week, and they had a BIG 9' tree decorated for fall. Not Halloween, which would be adorable, but fall, which would not need to be redecorated at the end of October. It took my breath away, but I'm thinking one your size is much more reasonable. TFS

Posts: 1380 | Location: Hallsville,MO, USA | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is a four foot tree and just the right size to use year round. It is a slim one and doesn't take up too much room
Glad you enjoyed seeing mine and I hope you will try one

Picture of surfing
posted Hide Post
Loved your many decorations - but those hands freeked me out - they are really cute. I have a tree that I decorate for the different seasons - but much much smaller. I got it at the Dollar store and its white and made out of hanger wires. Doesn't take much to amuse me and make me happy. Family keeps asking me how many more years do I plan on using it. Guess they feel I have gotten my money's worth! Thanks for showing.

Ginny

Posts: 1956 | Location: Upstate New York | Registered: Jan 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
All of your stuff is awesome! Love the light bulb scarecrow. I just wish I could make or do Halloween stuff. No kids home. No grandkids near and live so far in the bush no trick or treaters. sigh! Don't even do a halloween show. BIG SIGH! Love all your wonderful stuff..Thanks for sharing
Penny

Today, Tomorrow and always!

If you see someone without a smile...give them one of yours!

Posts: 4585 | Location: Ontario | Registered: Oct 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love your Halloween decorations. Thank's for showing.
I have seen the plastic at Michaels.

Posts: 303 | Location: Davie Fl | Registered: May 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Woops, I ment to say the plastic hands were at Michael's.

Posts: 303 | Location: Davie Fl | Registered: May 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Penny, we live in country also and even though I fix treat bags hubby and I usually end up eating them. Our grand children are grown and no one comes to see the tree sometimes -- but-- I enjoy it so I feel like that is worth something.
Do things YOU enjoy and like and if no one else does -- so what ? You are worth it. Glad you liked seeing my crafts and 5bells-- did I send one of the hands to you last year ?

posted Hide Post
Pam you did send me a hand last year. I am putting up my Halloween tree up this year, and it will be in the front. I will take a picture of it and have my daughter send a picture to you of my tree.
What are you doing this year. I love all the crafts you do.

posted Hide Post
I have a drawer full of ideas to do for Halloween but haven't started anything yet ha ha
Right now, I am still canning and freezing veggies but my freezer groans everytime I open the door . I have about had it with preparing for winter. That is awful since my poor mom used to can 100's of jars of food to see us thru the winter and here I am complaining about putting up a few things. Lazy me !
I will let you know when I decide what to do this year. Hopefully I carry thru with some of my ideas.
Wish someone else would show some of their crafts , also

posted Hide Post
I need to come up there to help you unload that freezer. Please save me some of those wonderful pickled beets.
Can't wait to see your Halloween ideas.

Picture of NC HillBilly
posted Hide Post
I don't do any Halloween crafts, but I love seeing every one's creations. Shawneegal, I love your painted pot, and your painted bulbs!!

Pattyo

Posts: 1432 | Location: Dobson, North Carolina | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aunt Diane
posted Hide Post
I love my Autumn/Halloween tree...it gives me
an opportunity to display all the cute crafts that you find on the internet...especially the ones share on this site.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Snowman Tree: byPaintlady34
Password: snowmantree

http://s1229.photobucket.com/a...69/Craftingfriends1/

Posts: 7484 | Registered: Jan 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aunt Diane
posted Hide Post
Matilda, visits during the Halloween season...lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Snowman Tree: byPaintlady34
Password: snowmantree

http://s1229.photobucket.com/a...69/Craftingfriends1/

Posts: 7484 | Registered: Jan 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
Diane, Matilda never looked so well. It's always a pleasure to see her this time of year. Her/your display looks awesome.

Just thought I would add a halloween pic. Done a while ago I must say. LOL
Penny

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Penmac,

Today, Tomorrow and always!

If you see someone without a smile...give them one of yours!

Posts: 4585 | Location: Ontario | Registered: Oct 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Diane love your tree and the front porch display is wonderful ! Thanks for showing them.
Penny, love the light bulb crafts. I enjoy the bulbs and have a book that has some cute things to make with bulbs
Come on everyone, show some of your crafts and keep the ideas coming.

Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Bump.

Posts: 9633 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craftycookie
posted Hide Post
Aunt Diane, I love Matilda! And your holiday tree! Thanks for sharing those.

Cookie