Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Holiday Crafts
  Grinch Hats?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grinch Hats? Sign In/Join 
posted
I saw the posting for the Popcorn Grinch. Does anyone know where you can find these hats? Or does anyone have the measurements of these hats and maybe I can make my own. Thanks!

Kelli

Posts: 164 | Location: Cicero NY | Registered: Sep 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
All I used was red fleese and just cut a piece that fits around the popcorn. I just glue mine together because I do not sew a tinkers darn. I add a pompom and fur or pipecleaner around the rim and done. When you glue it together kind of shape into a cone. I'm not sure this makes any sence but I hope so. Maybe someone else makes them easier?
Penny

Today, Tomorrow and always!

If you see someone without a smile...give them one of yours!

Posts: 4593 | Location: Ontario | Registered: Oct 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have made the Santa hates for different things (right now the Grinch Popcorn)using the giant Christmas felt-like stocking from Dollar Tree. They are several feet long and topped with a wide white band which I use for the band on the hats.

Bobbie

Peruvian Paso-The Glide Ride With Attitude

Posts: 178 | Location: Elma, Washington | Registered: Mar 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ilvmicki2
posted Hide Post
When i made hats last year for paint stick ornaments, I sewed a long tube of fleece the diameter I needed then just cut them to the right length for the hats and glued on the trim. I used cheap kids socks before and mittens on snowman candy bars before also.

Hope this helps!

Posts: 937 | Location: kcmo | Registered: Feb 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post