Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Holiday Crafts
  Inked journal covers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inked journal covers Sign In/Join 
Picture of kraftylady23
posted
I made what I think is a vintage cover for a journal. Started with the background of wrinkled tissue paper and modgepodged it on. Distress inks, used alcohol inks for the metal and found a new die of the dress form, spool, buttons on clearance at HL. I also felted a little hat. Really fun to make and I liked the way it came out. The second one is a girl I drew and then used watercolor to paint it. Distress inks background and stamped. Love this one too. I really enjoyed making these covers and think I may make more and try and sell them at craft shows in the fall. Do you think they would sell and if so how much would you pay for one? Thanks
DJ

djcreationsonline.com

Posts: 2697 | Registered: Mar 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kraftylady23
posted Hide Post
News paper flowers, watercolor painted for color. Thanks for looking.
DJ

djcreationsonline.com

Posts: 2697 | Registered: Mar 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rainee
posted Hide Post
Very nice.
For pricing I'd go to Etsy or other craft selling sites and look up 'altered journals' to get an idea what others are selling them for.

"Welcome to reality would you like some popcorn?"

Posts: 3186 | Location: The Emerald City, WA | Registered: Apr 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love your journals. They should sell, I know I would buy them. As far as pricing, maybe go on e bay and see if someone is selling them, and for how much. Maybe 10 to 20 dollars, depending on how much detail that goes on it, and include your time you put into them.
Good luck.

Posts: 204 | Location: Davie Fl | Registered: May 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice DJ. I think that they should sell but I would check ebay and etsy to see what they are going for there.

Posts: 2315 | Location: md | Registered: Oct 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love your journals , especially the first one. I think they would sell but have no idea what to ask. They are great . Thanks for sharing

Posts: 2350 | Location: southern IL | Registered: Feb 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Coco  Cathy
posted Hide Post
very nice. Good job

Posts: 2943 | Location: Riverside,Ca... | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your journals are amazing! It's a hard call on how much to sell them for. It will probably be based on where you live and how great the craft shows are there, where I live you couldn't sell expensive items. Here are a couple of ebay and etsy sites that sell them to give you a idea.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OOAK-M...&hash=item2a2b7b6af1

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html...d++journals&_sacat=0

http://www.etsy.com/search?q=d...e=gallery&ship_to=US

Posts: 6368 | Registered: Jan 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post