Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Holiday Crafts
  Who Loves the Grinch?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who Loves the Grinch? Sign In/Join 
Picture of Penmac
posted
Well, I have been working on several different things the past few week and this is one of them. I loved the " Snowman Poppers " but been there done that sooooo...how about " Grinch Poppers " My daughter did her magic ( She is my computer whizz )and this is what we came up with although not finished I couldn't wait. LOL Now I'm sharing! :0)
Enjoy and Merry Christmas everyone!
Penny

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Penmac,

Today, Tomorrow and always!

If you see someone without a smile...give them one of yours!

poper

Posts: 4573 | Location: Ontario | Registered: Oct 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
Grinch printable
I did mine on green paper.
Penny

Paper

Posts: 4573 | Location: Ontario | Registered: Oct 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Penmac:
Grinch printable
I did mine on green paper.
Penny

Issues issues issues...Trying to post picture I hope this works

Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
Change the name and it works. LOL Who knew!
Next the tag. Just changed the tag for grinch pills to this one. Now lets hope this one works.
Penny

Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
Love it Penny. Thanks.

Jean

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 10033 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
I thought I would post the green one just encase someone could not find green paper?
Penny

Picture of paintlady34
posted Hide Post
Those are so cute. I hope you don't mind if I use your idea. The snowman ones went over really well but think they ran thier course so maybe this one could fill in. Good job.

Linda

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
http://stepbystepcrafting.blogspot.com/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Snowman tree and wire box snowman by Paintlady34
password===snowmantree

password- snowmantree

http://s1229.photobucket.com/a...69/Craftingfriends1/

Posts: 3317 | Location: Iowa | Registered: Dec 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
Hi Linda...feel free to use away! LOL This is why I posted them here. Everyone has shared so much with me time to give back! :0)
Penny

Picture of rainee
posted Hide Post
Great idea!

"Welcome to reality would you like some popcorn?"

Posts: 3203 | Location: The Emerald City, WA | Registered: Apr 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
Here are a few I HAVE finished
Penny

grunch

Picture of craftycookie
posted Hide Post
Penny, those are so cute! Thanks so much for sharing! I hope you sell out at your shows. I've also done the snowmen for a few years now & was surprised at how well they still sold last year. I feel like the snowmen have run their course. So I've also been trying to come up with some new ideas if I still want to sell the popcorn. I need to get at the drawing board! I also saw some cute printables for the popcorn wrappers at Ewe n Me.

Cookie

Posts: 1157 | Location: North Central AZ | Registered: Dec 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paintlady34
posted Hide Post
I tried printing the page off but it don't seem to come out right, is there something I am doing wrong.? It comes out on the vertical way on the paper where it should come out the horizontal, right ? Boy I am not good at computers at all and with this stuff. Hope someone can tell me what I am doing wrong.
I would really like to do this one. Thanks

Linda

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
password===snowmantree

password- snowmantree

Posts: 3317 | Location: Iowa | Registered: Dec 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
Linda, I think the problem would be that you would have to right click on the picture and save it to your file then print it off from there? I to am NOT a computer person, so maybe I'm wrong?
Penny

Picture of Rubyred
posted Hide Post
Those are adorable, I must have missed the snowmen. What do you put inside? I see they are called poppers, for popcorn?

Ohhhhh, these must print big enough to hold an entire microwave bag of popcorn, right? Sometimes I am a bit..... slow! LOL

Life's too short. Eat dessert first!!!!!!!

Posts: 2526 | Location: CT | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paintlady34
posted Hide Post
I did save the graphic and then printed it out and it did come out BUT it is way huge. lol I too am not a computer person so am gonna have to see if I can get my niece to help me with this. I want to do these but can't seem to get the graphic right . Does anyone on here know how to do it ? I am so dumb when it comes to computers. lol

Linda

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
password===snowmantree

password- snowmantree

Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone! Well, as far as I'm aware you have to right click on the image click on " Edit " and this will take you to paint. Then at the top where it says image click there and go down to stretch/skew click that now a box will come up saying 100% Horizontal and vertical. You can make your image smaller/bigger by changing these numbers. Try 75% in each box. Most of my work I wait for my daughter to do but she is slowly training this old dog to do new tricks. LOL Emphasis on " SLOWLY " LOL After you get it to whatever size you need then save it to your files by clicking on the file and " save as " I hope this is write and you have no troubles??????
Penny

Picture of paintlady34
posted Hide Post
Hi Penny,

I hear you. lol I know nothing about computers and usually have to have my niece show me how to do things. I think sometimes she figures it is easier for her to do them than to show me. lol I am still messing with what you said and somehow it is not working for me, but I am sure it is something I am doing. I think I am gonna give in and call her to come rescue me. lol Thanks so much for sharing.

Linda

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
password===snowmantree

password- snowmantree

posted Hide Post
Thank you so much. Have made the snowmen and also Santa but like the others, think they have run their course. Was able to print out the image and was also able to work it on my e-mail program that was able to print two to a sheet. printed out 8 to a sheet of the labels but will have to work with that as the printing came out too small for the average person to read. I don't usually save any thing like this to a file just to work from. sometimes my computer makes things smaller when trying to reprint from a file. When I have images or labels like I want them I print them out and call it a master sheet. Then when I want any I just put the master sheet in the scanner and click on "copy" and make as many as I want. Now to find the right shade of green paper and mini Santa hats. Thought I could work with this image and make it smaller and use it as a guide to paint green glass ornaments.

Peruvian Paso-The Glide Ride With Attitude

Posts: 178 | Location: Elma, Washington | Registered: Mar 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love your Grinch Popper! Thanks for the face printable & Tags.

Posts: 6602 | Registered: Jan 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know where you can find these hats? Or does anyone have the measurements of these hats and maybe I can make my own. Thanks!

Kelli

Posts: 164 | Location: Cicero NY | Registered: Sep 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rubyred
posted Hide Post
I saw these last year at Bed Bath & Beyond. They were for the small Yankee Candle jar candles.

Life's too short. Eat dessert first!!!!!!!

Posts: 2526 | Location: CT | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When you click Print a menu opens that you usually click okay. Before clicking Okay select Printer Properties or Printer Options click that and select landscape. The picture will print correctly.

Posts: 174 | Registered: Jun 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paintlady34
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I did get my niece to help me and it worked out fine. Now I am not doing my show this year so won't get to make them. I was so looking forward to it. Oh well maybe next year. This year has been really rough, I lost two brothers within the last 3 months, both were sick and I helped out as much as I could so was not able to craft like I normally do, but I am so glad I helped when I was needed. IU hope the girls who make these will let us know how they went over, I think they are so cute.

Linda

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
password===snowmantree

password- snowmantree

Picture of hjvagar
posted Hide Post
These are cute but I can't afford more printer ink now so maybe next year.

So very sorry to hear about your brothers paint. I know how you feel since my sister died not too long ago and I'm now dealing with my Mother's illness. P's for you.

Posts: 4289 | Location: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Dec 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CrazyMe-Ma
posted Hide Post
Very cute, I love them. Even tho my snowmen didn't do well at all but the grands loved all the extra popcorn. lol

TFS

Posts: 348 | Location: PA | Registered: Jan 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post