Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Holiday Crafts
  talked to Mamo on Sunday
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

talked to Mamo on Sunday Sign In/Join 
posted
i called her on sunday, she is doing ok. Working some, also has some health problems.

She has lost all interest in crafts, and has not painted in almost a year. That is sad, since she paints the birds so beautifully. She let us put a lot of her bird paintings on our computer. So I can continue to enjoy them. Just thought I would let you know.
Jan
Sunshine in Tucson

Posts: 457 | Location: Tucson,Az. | Registered: Jan 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to hear she is doing pretty well but sorry she lost interest in painting. Hope her health problems will soon be taken care of and she'll feel better. She did some of the neatest bird paintings on rocks-- I think it was . Really neat. Tell her she is still missed .

Posts: 2366 | Location: southern IL | Registered: Feb 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that she has had health problems. I hope they clear up soon.

I too had a period where I lost interest. Eventually, I got back into it, hopefully that will happen for her too. She really did a great job painting birds.

Posts: 2324 | Location: md | Registered: Oct 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of surfing
posted Hide Post
Thanks for letting us know Jan. I have often wondered how she was and sorry to hear she hasn't been feeling too good. I kept all of her hand painted bird cards that I received. Keep thinking I should frame them.

Ginny

Posts: 1917 | Location: Upstate New York | Registered: Jan 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I really miss her here! Hopefully she will be able to get back to her old self soon!

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Jan 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NC HillBilly
posted Hide Post
Jan, thank you for letting us know. Do you know if Mamo has access to a computer? I remember when she lost a job she once had, she also lost access to a computer. I know everyone would love hearing from her, even if her crafting desire is lacking.
Pattyo

Posts: 1404 | Location: Dobson, North Carolina | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craftycookie
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for the info. I often wonder how she's doing. Sorry to hear about the health problems & also sorry to hear about her loss of interest in crafts. I also have kept the hand painted cards I received from her. She's very talented.

Cookie

Posts: 1156 | Location: North Central AZ | Registered: Dec 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aunt Diane
posted Hide Post
Hope one day soon...she will join us here again.
Diane

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Snowman Tree: byPaintlady34
Password: snowmantree

http://s1229.photobucket.com/a...69/Craftingfriends1/

Posts: 7480 | Registered: Jan 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of megansmomma
posted Hide Post
It saddens me that Mamo no longer paints her beautiful birds. I still have a couple of cards she sent me long, long ago. Please tell her hello the next time you speak!

“Teach us... that we may feel the importance of every day, of every hour, as it passes.” --- from a prayer by Jane Austen

Posts: 3595 | Registered: Sep 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
I to have cards that she had sent to me long ago as well as some rocks had painted with her lovely birds. Such a wonderful talent should not stay silent long. Please send my thoughts and pra yers.
Penny

Today, Tomorrow and always!

If you see someone without a smile...give them one of yours!

Posts: 4569 | Location: Ontario | Registered: Oct 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for letting us know I also have one of her bird pics and I sent her a note but she never responded Frown please tell her we all miss her and wish her well.

Carlene

Posts: 1410 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sorry to hear about Mamo She was always so
helpful, no matter what problems we had with a
craft. Hope she has access to a computer and
sees how much love is out there.
T & P with you Mamo.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Posts: 563 | Location: near Pittsburgh, Pa. | Registered: Nov 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
I too have wondered about her often.Sorry to hear all's not well for her.Always a great help and painted such awesome birds.Miss her.

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8885 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post