Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Holiday Crafts
  An amazing website for sewing and other crafts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An amazing website for sewing and other crafts Sign In/Join 
posted
I saw one of the gingerbread men long ago and pinned it for later so I would have it when I eventually learned to sew. I ran across it the other day and it brought me to this woman's website. Everything she makes is so amazing! I am just learning to sew by hand, but some of you could probably make these in no time. I spent several hours looking through her website. I think I plan to make everything at some point! In addition to sewing, she also does some crafts with paper clay and styrofoam and paper crafting. I also am not sure if the blog will disappear since she has not posted in a while. I have noticed that sometimes that happens on certain websites. I have no idea if that is the case here or not. I hope it is around for years to come even if she does not post again.
The first link below will take you to see the chick and the pattern for the chick is below. She also provides you with the patterns for most of the items she makes.

http://creativebreathing.blogs.../02/the-silvers.html

If you would like to see more pictures of her work, here is the pinterest page.

http://www.pinterest.com/sourc...eathing.blogspot.com

Nicole

Creative breathing chick

Posts: 201 | Registered: Jan 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
Those are adorable. And a cute story. Will have to go back and check out more things. Thanks for posting.

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 10013 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a wonderful site, I ran across it a couple of years ago. It's sad that she doesn't keep it going anymore. If I were you I would copy as much as you can (when you have time-do a couple a day) and save it to your computer, especially the ones that you love the best. Save the patterns/templates and the instructions. I do this all the time, then I put that into a folder and save it on a thumbdrive that way it's there when I want to use it.

Posts: 6568 | Registered: Jan 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KarenMO
posted Hide Post
Her site is very interesting, but I'm not sure exactly what she does. Her felt items are interesting, but very intricate.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KarenMO,

Posts: 1374 | Location: Hallsville,MO, USA | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She does have some great felt items and I have followed her blog a long time-- and have saved several things from there. She does very nice work, doesn't she ?

Posts: 2369 | Location: southern IL | Registered: Feb 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post