Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Holiday Crafts
  Halloween glass eyes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Halloween glass eyes Sign In/Join 
posted
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/241435229994787730/

I'm thinking of doing this for my altered books. what do you think... I've finished 4 different kinds of eyes....all are creepy in their own way... i was going to use tin foil to make it look textured... this doesn't look like its foil tho....?
Melinda

Posts: 244 | Registered: Nov 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rainee
posted Hide Post
I love that! Anything that screams Halloween or Fantasy (could be a 'magic' book) is right up my alley.
She used brown paper bag around the eyes, here are the instructions...

http://stirizsisters.blogspot....pell-book-part3.html

"Welcome to reality would you like some popcorn?"

Posts: 3203 | Location: The Emerald City, WA | Registered: Apr 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love that book. The eyes look real.

Posts: 271 | Location: Davie Fl | Registered: May 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
I agree, the eyes are amazing and I really liked the ideas in the pinterest. Thank you for sharing. Marylee

Posts: 1488 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, love the eyes!

Posts: 6568 | Registered: Jan 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THAT WOULD BE A GREAT BOOK AND WHEN YOU MAKE YOURS, PLEASE SHARE PHOTOS.

Posts: 2369 | Location: southern IL | Registered: Feb 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I google imaged, my eyes and found some good ones.. I think I'll stop at SALS today and see what kind of books they have and of course Joann's is right next store.. Modpog.. I don't have any... After my Dr. Appointment.
Thanks for digging deeper
Melinda

Posts: 244 | Registered: Nov 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are reLly interesting. I would never make them as it is not my 'thing' but that does not mean I cannot appreciate the concept. How do people think of things like that! Smile

I look forward to your px.

Posts: 6978 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post