Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Holiday Crafts
  Help with non toxic paints
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with non toxic paints Sign In/Join 
posted
I know there are lots of rules when painting kids toys, but what kind of non toxic paints are there?
We talked to one lady with wood toys and she said she used a crayon based paint, but wouldn't say anymore.
Thanks for any help...... Kathy

Posts: 49 | Registered: Jul 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Acrylic paints are basically an inert plastic film once they have dried?

I recall a wooden puzzle a relative made and gave our daughter that was colored with diluted tempera paint (they thought that was non toxic and safe for toddlers). What a mess! As soon as it got moist we had stained little hands and tempera colors everywhere. It was soon tossed out.

Posts: 9441 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
In my own experiance, acrylics must be non toxic because I have this habbit ( good or bad ) of licking the end of the bush to make it come to a point and I can't count the times there was paint still on it LOL senior moments I guess! I'm still here and I've been painting over 15 years now.
Penny

Today, Tomorrow and always!

If you see someone without a smile...give them one of yours!

Posts: 4569 | Location: Ontario | Registered: Oct 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post